View Full Version : title anyone futuristic tank

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

wookiee
November 9th, 2009, 10:43 AM
Hi,

I need title please of a book I read 30 yrs appox ago,from what I remember a nuclear war starts,as the first bomb's drop,two beings come into existence & change the world in to a world of magic.
The story follows a boy,he finds a tank from the old world & that's about all I remember.

p.s I thought it was called "Tank" but no luck when google'd

mny thx

Chuffalump
November 9th, 2009, 01:24 PM
How certain are you about the world of magic part?

I think there is a Bolo story where a boy from a village without technology finds a damaged but still alive bolo tank and befriends it.

Actually, given your 'creation of two beings' situation...... probably not

wookiee
November 9th, 2009, 02:03 PM
thx 4 post Chuff,

but I not think that the book,in the book I thinking of there are mirage plants in desert that pretend to pools of water & eat people that come to drink.
Also there are demons & mages in it,not alot to go on I know.

Chuffalump
November 10th, 2009, 11:42 AM
Start looking at The Empire of the East by Fred Saberhagen. Post apocalyptic world with a tank. If it's not that exact book it may be one of his related tales?

wookiee
November 10th, 2009, 12:03 PM
Hi Chuff,

The Empire of the East, that's it,many,many thank's,I'd given up on ever

reading it again,I just hope it's as good as I remembered.

kind regards

Wookiee

mylinar
November 10th, 2009, 02:01 PM
Start looking at The Empire of the East by Fred Saberhagen. Post apocalyptic world with a tank. If it's not that exact book it may be one of his related tales?

And the two entities created were Demogorgon, a frozen in time Nuclear Explosion and Ardnea (sp?) who was I believe an AI though I'm a bit fuzzy on that now.

Chuffalump
November 11th, 2009, 01:42 PM
Actually, it sounds like the sort of thing I'd like. Might try to find it myself.