PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy XIII

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

PeterWilliam
November 13th, 2009, 11:39 PM
I just read an entry of the blog, Walker of Worlds, that seemed to suggest that FFXIII will be out on both PS3 and XBox360. Is this true? Is it true for North America, or just Europe?

This may push me over into finally acquiring a 'next gen' system.

Aurian
November 13th, 2009, 11:44 PM
I just read an entry of the blog, Walker of Worlds, that seemed to suggest that FFXIII will be out on both PS3 and XBox360. Is this true? Is it true for North America, or just Europe?

This may push me over into finally acquiring a 'next gen' system.

Yes. It will be out for both systems. Both will be out March 2009 for the English release. North America (not sure about Europe)

Obtuse
November 14th, 2009, 01:30 AM
March for Europe as well.

Erfael
November 14th, 2009, 10:46 AM
This will be the first FF title released for a system I don't own (and am most likely not to acquire). Not sure yet if that's something I regret or not.

CaleuxDeiNeosus
November 14th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Coincidence: I was recently thinking about a number of games that were supposed to come out this year that have been moved back and was wondering on their progress. Final Fantasy XIII was one of them, especially since I found my collector's edition of FF12 and started playing it all over again the day before yesterday. It's good that FF13 comes out in March...if Square can deliver that is. I've lost a great deal of my faith in Square in the last few years.

P.S. I always refer to the company as either Square or Squaresoft. That's the name I started playing games with, that's the name it will always be to me. There's no point in correcting me unless you particularly like meaningless correction.

saintjon
November 18th, 2009, 08:02 PM
I'm a long ways from being someone who would get a new system just for FF these days. Fallout 3 is another (very tempting) matter altogether.

chitman13
December 4th, 2009, 07:45 AM
I love the series and until a few weeks ago I didn't own a console I could play it on, but now have an xbox360. I had told the wife that when the game was released I would be buying a console to play it on (that's how much I love FF), but she was kind enough to get me one for my xmas pressie.

One of the things I'm curious about is the battle system. I thought FFXII had a great system and the gambits worked very well, but as squeenix wanted more wow-factor battles like in FFVII advent children they've changed it. Considering it's the one thing that can make or break a game for me, I'm really hoping they've done another good system.

FremenWarrior
December 9th, 2009, 10:23 AM
FFXIII is looking good but to be honest I much prefer the look of Versus XIII its shaping up well in Tetsuya Nomura's hands. he seems to be a very competent director. Looks a better plot and setting overall but thats just my opinion.

gandalfsrage
December 14th, 2009, 02:36 PM
The only thing with the Xbox 360 version that has been stated is that the audio and video have been compressed in order to fit on DVD and they stated that it shows. Otherwise at least Xbox owners can finally enjoy a Final Fantasy but Im just not very interested in this game anymore, I'm not sure if its the long wait or that Square has been very disappointing with the quality of its games.