PDA

View Full Version : Misfits - the "heroes with ASBOS"

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Wulfa_Jones
November 14th, 2009, 06:57 AM
This show has been called a few things.... Superhero Skins, skins meets Heroes and Heroes with ASBOS being the two most prominent although the shows creator claims he had the idea before Heroes appeared.

Oh and for US readersÖ Skins is a TV drama that follows the lives of teenagers in the UK, it is well know if itís portrayal of the booze, drug and sex filled lives of itís characters and ASBOS are a UK anti-social court orders.

Story summary with low spoilers (nothing that wasnít released in pre-press) is that a group of teenaged young offenders from different backgrounds are carrying out some community service (complete with US prison style orange jump suits) when a freak lightening storm hits them and their probation officer.

This freak lightening storm leaves them powers Ė invisibility, telepathy, time control and the ability to cause heightened sexual lust with a touch. One of the young offenders has no apparent ability, but sure this will be developed on over the course of the next few episodes.

The hour long E4 show has itís first episode aired in the UK on Thursday night and was quite enjoyable. It has a fair amount of humour, although it is very British Ė playing with UK youth stereotypes and slang Ė so not too sure how well itíll work outside of Britain. Of course the powers the group are given are pretty low-FX ones to suit the shows budget, but it is shot in quite a stylish way and the storm scene is particularly good. Of course it is full of bad language and sex Ė seemingly more so next week based on the trailer for episode 2.

The episode sets things up nicely and I will be interested to see how things develop.

Jop
November 15th, 2009, 08:13 AM
It sounds like an interesting show! I wonder if it will ever make its way to Canada? (Probably something that I will have to download). However, I can just imagine the trouble that superpowered misfit teens would get into...

Its probably a whole lot better than Heroes, too.

Bridie
November 15th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Jop you might be able to watch it here http://www.channel4.com/programmes/Misfits/4od

Although I'm not sure if 4OD works for other countries, but you can always try!

Jop
November 15th, 2009, 03:25 PM
Thanks, Bridie! I tried the link, but unfortunately, it isn't available in my area :( I'll see if I can't get it from somewhere else...