PDA

View Full Version : Snooks and Snarks, what do you think?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Shannon
June 6th, 2002, 06:29 AM
I've just posted my first story on this site. Snooks and Snarks. Please tell me what you think, it should be pretty different to most stories on this site.:p

Shef
June 6th, 2002, 04:59 PM
Ah...interesting. It is very differant from the other stories on the sight. But unfortunatlly, it lacks any of the action, excitement, and character growth that makes the other stories so good.

If you changed it however, say telling the story from the frogs point of view, it could become the next cinderella story, or something. Sorry to be such a downer.:(

Shannon
June 6th, 2002, 09:51 PM
It wasn't supposed to be so much an exciting and action packed story. I'm more planning on making it into a pictorial childrens book, but I admit, I need to re-write it and make it a little more dynamic.

Shef
June 7th, 2002, 10:59 AM
Now that I think about it, your story resembles Aesops(sp) Fables for children. If you had stated your intended audience previously. I would have agreed whole heartedly. With a bit of fine tuning, it could rival stories like the ants and the grasshopper, or even the sun and the cold.

Anyways, I just wanted to let you know that your story does have promise after I gave that bad review.:) Plus there would be the bonus of preparing another generation to enter the world of fantasy.