View Full Version : Where did the Workshop Go

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

Shef
June 6th, 2002, 04:32 PM
I am rather curious about what happened to the writing workshop. Where in the world did it go? Sure I was not a part of it but I would have loved to join.

If the origanal workshop is dead, I am curious to find out if anyone would like to form a new one. Let me know will you.

enazwo
June 6th, 2002, 08:11 PM
Well in reply to your timely query

The workshop is not dead as I still breathe.

We are in the final stages of week 5 with gabador's story being critiuqed. At this point I have been the only one to respond with a review.
I of course have stuck with it since week 6 is my turn.
I trust that the workshop participants who have already reaped the benefits of having their stories read and then given feedback, are busy with other projects. However being the honorable fellows they are I'm certain they are just running late with their critiuqes of gabador's "Duel of Strength" story.

It goes with out saying that participating in one of these workshops requires a certain degree of trust. Especially by the participants that are further down the line.

There have been two other subjects that have requested to be part of this work shop, Solaar and Se d'ray. I believe they have been emailed gabador's story. But as of yet they have not posted a review.
If you are interested email gabador, I'm sure he would love to have another review of his story. When my turn, week 6, comes up I will include you in who I send my story to. I assure you that at the very least when It is your turn you will get a review from me.
As it is playing out getting this workshop to its successful completion may suggest that once an author subnits his story and receives his review then he/she looses interest and bails on their commitment. Which as I said, could not be the case, as all here are as honorable as the heroes they write about. It just seems that way.

So you can either attempt to start a new workshop or you can join this one, and be assured at least on review. I know its a gamble.

estranghero
June 6th, 2002, 11:24 PM
I know, I know... I'm feeling guilty for gabador meself for not yet finishing his story. But I'm getting there (what with my work, moving house, my SO, etc.) :o

If you want enazwo, you can send me a copy of your story already. Might as well as get some early reading done. :)

gabador
June 7th, 2002, 05:33 AM
I concurr. If anyone posts, i will review... However useless that review may be. But I will stick by this. Just send it to me.

Solaar
June 7th, 2002, 02:24 PM
Have no fear, I am still here. Just got back from a week away and have 'Duel of Strength' on disk in my bag.

Solaar
about to plow thru it

Nathan Carter
June 8th, 2002, 02:20 AM
Ah, dear brothers... I wont whine about circumstance, but I have been running to catch up on everything in my life... internet matters are only a fraction...

I have yet to drop out of this thing. I was late with hero's critique, I'll be late with Gabadors... I have two other stories I need to critique over at the association as well...

While on that note, if anyone is struggling with their writing and wants to improve with free lessons offered to those who want to learn, visitThe Writers Association (http://communities.msn.com/TheWritersAssociation)

Most of our workshop members have popped up over there. It's a great place to get involved.

enazwo
June 8th, 2002, 06:06 AM
Yoda dips his head as he thoughtfully blinks his eyes then turns towards you and says. "Already you have been late. Yes? Hmm? Already the dark side tells you................

estranghero
June 8th, 2002, 10:28 AM
Heeeheee LOL enazwo. (Too bad I can't post a pix of the green guy.)

Hah, now everytime enazwo posts on the forums, I'll have this image of Yoda typing at the keyboards. :D

kassimir funk
June 11th, 2002, 03:44 AM
Monkeys... the lot of you!

Also, yeah, I believe the workshop is still up and going. I apologize to gabador for the tardiness of my critique.

Enazwo, I just got your story... Iīll try to post a critique within a weeks time. My problem is not time, I have plenty of it, itīs the fact that I have to go to my friend fernandaīs house to use her internet to do this. Can you believe that the evil AOL has spread to Mexico!!! Itīs just as crappy here as in the US.

Da Funk

Alucard
June 11th, 2002, 04:48 AM
Just thought I should add, I have been having a lot of trouble with my e-mail service (and computer in general) and have not been able to successfully convert any documents lately (I installed IE6 and everything went to ****). I will be happy to comment on anyone's work, but in order for me to do so at the moment, it will have to be posted somewhere. I suggest joining the Writer's Association, because other than that good-for-nothing chat room, there are no problems over there (for me, at least). And there are also some very well-read members at the site who can give some good, honest, kick in the balls feed back that will really help you improve. And I know that many of the workshop members are there a lot too.

Just beware of Nathan. He tends to go on power trips a lot and beat down on us lowly peons. :)