PDA

View Full Version : A story about two brothers and a time rock?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Ukato
November 28th, 2009, 06:56 AM
Hello,

I have been, for years, trying to remember a book that I read back in grade school and have had no luck in remembering the title or author. I'm so glad this site has a section specifically for this type of problem, so thanks to whomever thought it up.

Here are the details I can remember:

The story centers around two brothers that I think are twins or at least close in age. They go to a relative's farm or rural home, maybe their uncle's. Somewhere on the land the brother's find a shed/shack type building. If I remember correctly, inside they find an odd rock, and I think it was quite large. The shed has the odd property of slowing down or speeding up time, I can't remember which. Something happens or they start getting ideas on how to use the shed to their advantage.

That is about all I can remember. I would greatly appreciate it if someone would be able to pinpoint the title and author of this book for me. Even if no one can, thanks for any help or comments.

Appreciatively,

Ukato

livens
November 30th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Check out "Singularity" by William Sleator.

Ukato
November 30th, 2009, 11:48 AM
That is exactly the book, livens. I cannot tell you how happy I am to finally know what book that was. You are awesome. I think I am actually going to order Singularity right now and read it again. Once again, thank you.

Appreciatively,

Cory

livens
November 30th, 2009, 03:22 PM
Glad to have helped. But dont thank me too much, Google did all the work. Searched for- time shed brothers -and the title was in the first result :)

Ukato
November 30th, 2009, 10:12 PM
LOL, that in itself is amazing. I actually never thought to type the key words into Google. Wow, do I feel embarrassed. I'll thank you for your honesty then. Regardless, what matters is I now know the book.

Thanks,

Cory