PDA

View Full Version : I'm curious

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

gabador
June 7th, 2002, 10:52 AM
I'm a bit curious about what your ultimate storiline/book idea is. Maybe you're writing it? Maybe you read it? Or maybe you want someone to write about it?
It doesn't have to be complete, but a skeleton run-down of it.
My personal favourite would be a single book. It should contain a kid, who gets sweeped off his feet, into magical adventures, only to find that he is erally powerful wizard/fighter/wizard-fighter. He should then advance in power, he/maybe she should learn new stuff, become more and more powerful do a lot of stuff, and then do something ultimately cool in the end. Kill the bad guy, find the artifact to save the world... make two armies clash in a battle that will shake the world. But it will have to have a whole load of action, a character I will love, a character I will love to hate, and no mushy crap.
Anyway, what's yours?
Gabador

gabador
June 7th, 2002, 11:18 AM
Do you guys reckon it's possible to immerse yourself so much in ya book that it will make you jump? I mean, you're sitting there, nice and comfy, reading the adventures of jimmy thomas, and then... SLAP BANG! something so unexpected in one simple phrase that you just throw the book away in surprise. Lol.
what do you reckon?
gabador

Ladijen
June 7th, 2002, 02:32 PM
In reply to your latter question, yes, that has happened to me! Not that I throw the book, but that I will look up at whoever happens to be near (not strangers, of course--that would be scary) and say something like, "Holy s*%t!" I have had horror novels scare me badly enough that I've had to stop reading, close the book, turn on the TV, and wait until the next day to continue reading.

gabador
June 7th, 2002, 05:04 PM
Wow... What was that book? I want to read it. love scray stuff. Maybe because nothing scares me at all anymore.
Gab

Ladijen
June 8th, 2002, 06:31 PM
It was quite a while ago, but "The Shining" was scary enough to make me wait until morning. I suppose I should qualify my above post--even now, if I'm alone at night almost anything can scare me, and I usually end up sleeping with the TV tuned to Cartoon Network or Nick at Nite. :) :o :)