PDA

View Full Version : Is Jerry Bruckheimer creating a REAL SF series?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

seattleSFfan
December 8th, 2009, 06:59 PM
I heard that the producer Jerry Bruckheimer is creating an SF series that has, at its heart, the use of real science. (Allegedly the show is not space opera.) Supposedly this new series is about the terraforming of a planet (I don't think it's Mars), and supposedly the use of science in this series is going to be like the use of science in shows like "CSI" and "ER."

If Bruckheimer is creating such a show, I hope that it's genuine SF and not space opera, like "Star Wars" and what have you. (I like space opera, mind you, but I also like true hard SF, where the science must be as accurate and as real as possible--at least as far as we know science at this time--and where the storylines might be something that Heinlein or Sturgeon dreamed up.)

If anyone has heard anything about this series or knows anything about it, please let me know.

Thanks.

JimF
December 8th, 2009, 09:37 PM
IMDB lists about 15 titles in production bt JB, but you need IMDB pro to access the info.

Some have titles that strongly indicate SF like Alien Legion and World War Robot, but I think those are planned as films.

Here is the full list.

In Development:
Alien Legion (details only on IMDbPro)
Horse Soldiers (details only on IMDbPro)
Shake (details only on IMDbPro)
World War Robot (details only on IMDbPro)
Apaches (details only on IMDbPro)
The Lone Ranger (details only on IMDbPro)
Shattered Union (details only on IMDbPro)
The Monstrous Memoirs of a Mighty McFearless (details only on IMDbPro)
Gemini Man (details only on IMDbPro)
Killing Rommel (details only on IMDbPro)
National Treasure 3 (details only on IMDbPro)
Game Boys (details only on IMDbPro)
Campaign Dads (details only on IMDbPro)
Consequence (details only on IMDbPro)
Nine Lives (details only on IMDbPro)
"Untitled Jerry Bruckheimer/Michael Bay Project" (details only on IMDbPro)

seattleSFfan
December 9th, 2009, 09:58 AM
Thanks.

I've looked on the Web, of course, but haven't found anything of substance; this project supposedly is "under wraps" (or underground). Some PAs supposedly leaked something. They, the PAs, might be blowing smoke up their you-know-whats.

Anyone else heard anything?