PDA

View Full Version : Trying to figure out a book I read awhile ago

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

jezter24
December 11th, 2009, 07:09 PM
Firstly I would like to thank for taking the time to read this and help me. I do not remember the title, author or even authors of this one SCI FI book I once read.

Little facts:
I purchased it and read it between the years of 2001 and 2002 that I purchased this book (so I would assume that printing was a year or two before possibly). I also believe that it had a gold to yellowish cover.

Plot Summary:
Humans sent out many ships using AI copied from human minds. One of these small ships finds a planet, that some alien race is dropping off huge space structures with libraries of information. The AI crew has one that is in a body, due to it going mad...it goes back to Earth to find they have been gone for centuries and Earth is basically no more. There was technology advaces, some wars and it turned into a space platform from nano-bots eating and changing....he finds one of the crew who is still alive through copies or something. They fire some signal at their desitnation but find out another alien race is following the first "seeding" race and destroying the libraries, planets and races who it comes into contact with. Of course Earth fire the signal and they go back to find those aliens came to Earth...so the one AI in the man body and the original crew (who ai is based on, not the same AI) travel in a little ship to try and catch up to the seeder aliens to warn them.

suciul
December 12th, 2009, 10:42 AM
Sean Williams/Shane Dix engrams trilogy (orphans earth and similar titles); liked it well enough and the ending is stunning

jezter24
December 14th, 2009, 12:25 PM
Thank you so much! It was Echoes of Earth was the book...been wracking my brain forever.