View Full Version : Fringe

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

Supersturg
December 31st, 2009, 09:59 PM
Is not fringe the coolest show ever made? I personalluy can't get enough of it? I just wish it was a book series.. Does anyone know of an author who writes stories like fringe, please please tell me if you have ever read anything similar to the show.. Did I say please yet, PLEASE!

saintjon
January 1st, 2010, 07:19 PM
I love fringe but I can't think of an author off the top of my head who writes stuff quite like that.

PeterWilliam
January 2nd, 2010, 02:23 AM
It's must DVR TV for me. One of the truly engrossing shows on these days. IMO, its what the X-Files could have been, but never quite got there.

Wulfa_Jones
January 3rd, 2010, 02:02 PM
It did seem to start off like an X-Files clone, but the wider story arc with the alt dimension is really impressing me.

Walter Bishop is a great character and played really well. I love the moments when he goes off on tangets, but also the times when he seems so vulnerable.

I have even began to like Joshua Jackson because of the series!

Supersturg
January 3rd, 2010, 04:46 PM
Did everyone see the mural of edgar allen poe on the wall behind charlie (first-wave soldier) went Oliva shot him? I heard they put in clues about the next show and or about the show. Any ideas, am I seeing things?

ADMIN EDIT: Possible spoiler covered up. Please do this in future. Hobbit

Wulfa_Jones
January 6th, 2010, 04:29 AM
Did everyone see the mural of edgar allen poe on the wall behind charlie (first-wave soldier) went Oliva shot him? I heard they put in clues about the next show and or about the show. Any ideas, am I seeing things?

ADMIN EDIT: Possible spoiler covered up. Please do this in future. Hobbit

No I didn't see that. Will have to re-watch the episode.

There are lots of things going on in the background in most episodes. The Observer is supposed to have appeared in every episode (I think there is a youtube video showing this) and the x-ray like images seen at the end of every episode are also supposed to old clues.

SmartAlick
January 12th, 2010, 12:52 AM
OH, HI DEAD CHARLIE. What the hell??

PeterWilliam
January 12th, 2010, 11:13 AM
OH, HI DEAD CHARLIE. What the hell??

Yeah, I watched that episode last night (listed in the DirecTV 'info' function as being from 2010) and wondered what in the hell that character was doing in it. I struggled with the break in continuity......but with Fringe, you never know.

Wulfa_Jones
January 12th, 2010, 04:10 PM
The Fox press release about the eposide states:
is it an unaired episode from Season One or is it from an alternate universe?

It was an episode from season 1 that for one reason for another didn't get shown. I hear there is another "missing episode" as well. I did wonder why it was shown on a Monday night and not a Thursday.

Not a great episode so looking forward to Thursdays.

PeterWilliam
January 12th, 2010, 05:23 PM
Wulfa, thanks for the update. I was stuck watching it, thinking, "WTH?"