PDA

View Full Version : What's the last movie you watched (2010)?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55

Evil Agent
January 7th, 2010, 02:36 PM
I saw Avatar in 3D for a second time, and it was still pretty cool. Love those creature designs (especially those dog/wolves). Will probably buy it on DVD, as I'm interested to see how it holds up on a 2D television screen.

Tidus
January 7th, 2010, 11:55 PM
I same as Evil Agent, last movie I watched Avantar 3D And I must say the special affects of the movie was great! All and All a great movie!!:)

worldmaker
January 10th, 2010, 02:32 AM
In the same style as "I AM Legend" and all its variations. (The Last Man On Earth, The Omega Man, I Am Legend.)

Moody average vampire romp, but with a good leveling of bloodshed.
Could have done a lot more with the story, but if you enjoy a simple slaughter in Australia's post-viral-apocalypse then you'll have fun here.

5/10

:)

Chuffalump
January 10th, 2010, 05:08 AM
Just managed to see District 9.

Great film, although I'd have liked it to have explained more about why the 'Prawns' arrived in the state they did and a couple of other things. However, maybe that's all part of the documentary feel of the film.

Wulfa_Jones
January 10th, 2010, 06:24 AM

Great film, although I'd have liked it to have explained more about why the 'Prawns' arrived in the state they did and a couple of other things. However, maybe that's all part of the documentary feel of the film.

I finally got around to watching that last night. I enjoyed it, although it took me a while to understand the thick South African accents.

I thought the CGI was very realistic as were the human performances.

I got the feeling that the "Prawns" got shipped off from whatever planet they were from or it was a refugee or slave ship.

There is supposed to be a sequel on it's way at some point in the future so maybe that will explain it more.

worldmaker
January 10th, 2010, 06:41 AM

Great film, although I'd have liked it to have explained more about why the 'Prawns' arrived in the state they did and a couple of other things...

Wait for the sequel... if there is one... :cool:

Far better than Avatar.

DailyRich
January 10th, 2010, 10:21 AM
Just watched Inglourious Basterds on Blu-ray. Entertaining, but I don't know if it's as good as Reservoir Dogs or Pulp Fiction.

Sparrow
January 10th, 2010, 02:14 PM
With so many seeming to really like District 9 I was ready for something special. Yet, I just about hated it. There wasn't a single human character you could fall in with and pull for, just about everyone was the very worst humanity has to offer, and even the aliens were unattractive in every sense of the word. Perhaps it's that I really am over the whole "documentary" style of film making. Guess what, people who actually film documentaries for a living, don't get that jiggly-camera-effect. It's because they use digital cameras that correct the problem by dampening quick movements. Heck, the video camera we use corrects the jiggles and it is nothing more than consumer grade off the shelf hardware!

District 9, I give it two stars and even that is pushing it.

PeterWilliam
January 10th, 2010, 02:21 PM
Just watched Inglourious Basterds on Blu-ray. Entertaining, but I don't know if it's as good as Reservoir Dogs or Pulp Fiction.

Good to know, since I was considering it. I'll wait to catch on the DirecTV.

With so many seeming to really like District 9 I was ready for something special. Yet, I just about hated it.

I'm with you, Sparrow, for largely the same reasons.

Jop
January 10th, 2010, 02:41 PM
I watched 2012 last night - Pretty standard Roland Emmerich fare: over-the-top special effects and predictable storyline, but fun all the same.