PDA

View Full Version : Please Help guys.

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

scottyisme
January 7th, 2010, 09:52 PM
I am trying to think of the title of an 80's i beleive fantasy movie i can barely remember anything from it. I know willow labyrinth and the regulars fairly well. Here is what i can remember. Its a boy in modern times i think he somehow goes to a fantasyland. A monster comes out of the sea at some point lots of desolate landscape he is either stuck in a cage of a monsters lair at some point or attempting to rescue someone who is. At the end of the movie i have some recollection of his modern day house lighting on fire or his appliances coming to life or something weird like that.

Chuffalump
January 8th, 2010, 08:14 AM
THAT sounds like Time Bandits.

If it's not I'll suggest TB for every thread until it IS the answer.

DailyRich
January 8th, 2010, 08:23 AM
No, that's definitely Time Bandits. A giant with a boat as a hat rises out of the sea, the dwarves are trapped in a cage, and at the end, the boy's house catches on fire because there's a piece of concentrated Evil in the toaster oven.

Hoodwink
January 8th, 2010, 11:50 AM
Yep, it's Time Bandits alright. Wonderful movie, especially the "invisible barrier" moment.

Hobbit
January 8th, 2010, 12:50 PM
And..... digital watches! :D

Great film.

Mark

scottyisme
January 8th, 2010, 06:58 PM
Thank you so much guys that has been bugging me forever until i finally realized there had to be someone online who would know :)