PDA

View Full Version : 70's pulp sci'fi (i think)

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Rulkez
January 16th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Ok time for me to do one of these.

I think this book was from the 70's , I read it when i was pretty you after having been given it from my grandfather.

In the book humans had settled on another world and shared it with an alien race, the protagonist was the son of earth ambassador , or at least the son of some ranking official within the human hierarchy . If i remember correctly the 2 species are on strained terms, and the human boy befriends or is chosen to go out to the country with a noble alien family. During his time out there (I think) they are attacked by some sort of bandits or the like, something results in the forest being set on fire , I think the human and aliens work together to try to save the forest, and ultimately some aliens group together and do something to the weather that puts the fire out.

Thanks in advance to anyone who knows what this book is.

SallyC
January 16th, 2010, 07:38 PM
I think the book you are after is Star of Danger by Marion Zimer Bradley, part of the Darkover series

Rulkez
January 17th, 2010, 04:23 AM
Thank you !

I wasn't sure at first , but found this (http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/edition/?isbn=0099166208) , which was the edition I got from an old box of books my grandfather gave me when I was young.

Have you read the series ? is it worth tracking down some of the other books ?

Highroller
March 19th, 2010, 01:56 PM
The Darkover books are good but as I remember Star of Danger was written more like a young adult novel and most of the rest in the series weren't. Still excellent books.