PDA

View Full Version : Old Omni Mag short story

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

curley_que
January 19th, 2010, 01:43 AM
I read a short story in the Omni magazine many years ago that I'm having trouble remembering the title/author.

It was about a guy that bought some kind of alien crab like creatures that he ended up playing god with. There were several groups of the crabs and he fed some of them and not the others. The little crab guys started worshiping him and building things with the likeness of his face, stuff like that. Of course it ends badly.

Please let me know if you know the name of the short story or the name of the author. My kid is interested in science fiction and I'd like to share this story.

SallyC
January 19th, 2010, 07:35 AM
The Sandkings by G R R Martin - also made into a film and an episode of The Twilight Zone. Indeed a very memorable story.

curley_que
January 19th, 2010, 11:22 PM
Thank you SallyC. I didn't know about either the film or the Twilight Zone episode.

JimF
January 20th, 2010, 09:47 AM
I don't think it was the zone. It was from the 90's version of the outer limits.

http://www.tv.com/search.php?type=11&stype=all&tag=search%3Bnewshows&qs=sandkings

Jim

curley_que
January 20th, 2010, 11:54 PM
That was a fabulous clip. Beau Bridges as an insane scientist. How did I miss it? Thanks for sharing the info.