PDA

View Full Version : Time travel or alternate universe please help

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

countrymusicfan
January 22nd, 2010, 07:54 AM
I am looking for stories that concern time travel or stories written around an alternative or parellel universe. If I could have a couple of names to start with, I can use the library Who writes like whom, but I need a couple of names to start. No one seems to know. :eek: Please, please help.

mylinar
January 22nd, 2010, 08:54 AM
I am looking for stories that concern time travel or stories written around an alternative or parellel universe. If I could have a couple of names to start with, I can use the library Who writes like whom, but I need a couple of names to start. No one seems to know. :eek: Please, please help.

Well there are three books by John Barnes called 'The Timeline Wars' which have some number of parallel universes and time travel all wrapped together. The books are ok, but not much more than that. They are fast, easy reads and should fit your criteria.

countrymusicfan
January 22nd, 2010, 01:33 PM
I was looking for either of these, but will try those novels. Thanks for the information.

Hitmouse
January 25th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Where do you want to start? hundreds of stories in this theme.
five significant ones off the top of my head:

The Time Machine. HG Wells
A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court. Mark Twain
A Sound of Thunder. Ray Bradbury
Behold the Man. Michael Moorcock
Past Master. RA Lafferty

Nicolas
January 27th, 2010, 03:10 AM
I just read yesterday a funny short story by Terry Bison called Two guys from the future, it's in theYear's Best Science Fiction, 10th annual collection, the one edited by Gardner Dozois.

You'll find a lot of material in the Wikipedia list of time travel stories (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_time_travel_science_fiction#Time_travel_in _science_fiction_literature)too.

Good luck!