PDA

View Full Version : Planet with grid and grid masters

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

goldie
February 1st, 2010, 08:13 PM
OK I need help. In the early 70's (?) I read a series of stories about a planet that had a hidden grid and to travel on the planet a grid master, that could read the grid, had to lead the "wagon train". There were wizards that could shape change people on the planet, memorable changing a female character on the wagon train into a short saggy breasted crone. If this brief description helps identify the series please let me know. I've read over 5000 books, Farmer's River World series being one of my favorites, unfortunately no one told me when I was young to keep track of what I had read. Coupled with the fact that I am ADDD and don't retain nouns finding an old read really sucks. Thanks in advance for any help.

Hereford Eye
February 2nd, 2010, 04:47 PM
Sounds like something Jack Chalker would write, maybe The Soul Rider series.

goldie
February 3rd, 2010, 10:05 AM
Thanks for the reply. I don't remember reading any Chalker but it sure sounds like the Flux series. I will check it out today. I have left the SF genre and now into cop and spy novels, reading Jonathon Kellerman's Evidence today. I don't read woman anymore, too much detail, and I don't read foreign authors, too many language issues and too many collquialisms. I don't speed read so much as concentrated skimming and too much detail and uncommon phrases slow me down, heaven forbid I would have to concentrate. :eek: I love to read but attention shortage is a problem. This forum is great and I will bookmark it for future recommendations. Thanks again.