PDA

View Full Version : what's the consensus on the alien prequel script?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Seven
February 7th, 2010, 09:02 AM
i haven't seen anyone discussing the script of the "alien" prequel that ridley scott is going to direct. so how about it? what's the feeling?

from what i've seen on other boards, the two big objections seems to be the very direct use of sex and a lack of aliens. (though, really, aliens are throughout the story)

the script seems to be one that people either love or hate. i tend to fall in the former category, but what do you think?

SLASH
February 7th, 2010, 03:56 PM
anymore details on the story / script ?
Would love another alien movie if it's done well

The Alien quadrilogy box set is a must have for any alien fan btw. It's pretty cheap nowadays as well. Lot's of cool extras on it and the part III version Fincher intended it to release.

Deus Ex Machina
February 9th, 2010, 05:59 PM
As long as they make a good thriller story, I'll be happy.

I hardly know anything about what the new story is about, but I hope it is just a rumor about the focus on sex (I don't see how that would add anything to the story) and lack of aliens. Not that I think that the more aliens are used, the better the story (the first movie proved how one alien could be enough in the right setting).

Sigourney Weaver won't be in it (to be expected because this is about another crew), which is a bit sad. Ripley was the everyman who never gets convenient power ups, and is just a normal person without special skills (until the fourth movie..), who does her best even when she is shaking with fear.