PDA

View Full Version : Bleach

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Wulfa_Jones
February 14th, 2010, 06:07 AM
I am not a big anime and manga fan, I have nothing against it and really like some of it, but I there is so much out there that it is hard to know what is good and what I would like.

However, I heard good thing about Bleach and was offered the chance to borrow the first 4 seasons (!) and really quite enjoyed it.

I am quite impressed with the story telling. It started off as a monster of the week type show, but within by the time of the second story arc taking place in the Soul Society itself, with all sorts of political intrigue along with epic fight scenes that took place over a number of episodes.

Of course the base story is unlikely teenager is destined for greatness and proves to be highly skilled and powerful. As with the shogen anime/manga I have had experience off there is a mixture of action, character interaction, comedy and teenage romance.

Sapph
February 14th, 2010, 07:09 AM
I watched it for aaaaages. But after the Soul Society Arc I thought it got way too repetetive, and the amount of fillers was unreal after a while :(

BlueAngel
February 14th, 2010, 02:20 PM
I liked Bleach when I first started watching it, but it bored me after a while. Too much filler and predictability.
I have found that I'm quite picky when it comes to anime or manga. For me, most of it is pretty nonsensical. Some of the best stuff was made in years past IMO, but occasionally there's a gem that stands out.

It seems to be easier for some reason to find a decent manga rather than anime. The two I follow closely nowadays are Battle Angel Alita and Claymore.

Wulfa_Jones
February 14th, 2010, 02:51 PM
Currently on the Bount arc and enjoying the change of bad guys.

I have heard that the is a lot of filler in later episode (something about a story arc about baking a cake?), but not reached that point yet. I understand that the reason for the filler is that the anime is produced at a faster rate than the manga.

Bastard
February 16th, 2010, 08:17 AM
I stopped watching after the Soul Society arc, the fillers are just boring as hell and bring problems with the real storyline, causing inconsistencies that I don't care about. I read the manga instead, and I'm like 10 chapters behind at the moment. The manga got boring too after a while; Kubo Tite really is doing a bad job plot-wise. I really liked his Zombie Powder series, sadly it ended very prematurely.

If you're impressed by the story telling, you're certainly been missing out on a lot of the good stuff. If you want suggestions anime/manga wise, let me know and I'll compile you a list, depending on the type of series you're interested in, and if you can include some of your favorites it will help too.

Used to be a huge anime fan, but was constantly disappointed with how they adapted manga versions and particularly how they almost always had terrible endings. I'm pretty much a manga reader at the moment, though it's mainly for lack of time.

venustar
March 17th, 2010, 07:55 PM
I've seen every single episode to date. I don't know if that makes me a fan or otaku with no life. Probably the latter. Oh well.

Arcs are spotty. Currently in the second half of a mega-filler arc. I think it's going to be a year's worth of filler when it is all done...and it is dumb as hell. Hueco Mundo arc was good. We should be back there soon...ihopeihopeihope.