View Full Version : Please help me.

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

dark-knight
June 15th, 2002, 06:48 PM
Hi, I am new to the board and wish to ask a question to all the fantasy lovers out there.

I am finishing return of the king, and want to start a new series.

I have narrowed it done to 2.

Either the war of souls trilogy (any good)

Or I hear many good things about GRRMs (Ice and Fire, is that series finished?)

Also I live in Oklahoma City and was wondering if you know if Jones new book is hitting shelves in U.S. anytime?

If someone would please tell me what you think of both series'

Heck I might just both series and say the heck with it.

Thanx for listening.
john

LePeze
June 15th, 2002, 07:03 PM
I didn't read the war of souls trilogy but I would start with GRRM's aSoIaF(it isn't finshed) if I were you. Why? Because, IMHO, this is one of the best series that I've ever read and because there's a midget in it. And who doesn't want to read about a midget?

Alucard
June 15th, 2002, 07:36 PM
Midgets are neato.

Killer Chicken
June 15th, 2002, 08:33 PM
As a short man myself, I would like to say, here's to all of you midgets out there.

But anyway... What kind of books do you like dark-knight? I really enjoyed ASoIaF, but it depends if you like that sort of thing.

dark-knight
June 15th, 2002, 09:00 PM
I mean what is Ice and Fire about?
same with war of souls?
I mean I don't know anything about wach series so I posted because I wanted to know about the books, not know about midgets!

Qin
June 15th, 2002, 09:17 PM
A Song of Ice and Fire is nearly three thousand pages long. Surely you don't think it so simple that it can be summarized in a few words, do you? Dragonlance's War of the Souls is just a jazzed up retelling of the Chronicles trilogy. Get thee to GRRM and start reading A Game of Thrones. You can thank us later.

dark-knight
June 15th, 2002, 09:22 PM
finally someone with their head on straight.
Thank you for the insight I will buy the 3 books monday.
So is GRRM still writing this series?

You peoples speek so highly of him so I'm just going to buy all 3 so I can have them by my bedside.

Leaving for college in a couple weeks.
Study Mechanical Engineering. Need something to keep my mind out of the mathmatical nutshell.

LePeze
June 15th, 2002, 09:25 PM
So is GRRM still writing this series?

He's still writting it.

Qin
June 15th, 2002, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by dark-knight
You peoples speak so highly of him so I'm just going to buy all 3 so I can have them by my bedside.

Well he's one of the few writers trying to save the fantasy/scifi/speculative fiction genre, rather than just cash in and cash out for all he can get. Thank your lucky stars for people like GRRM. Were it not for him and a few other worthwhile writers, we'd be stuck reading Terry Brooks knockoffs for another three decades.

allanon
June 16th, 2002, 02:04 AM
"War of the Souls"? Isn't this "DragonLance"? If it is, read the "Chronicles" before it.