SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

helloworld666
March 7th, 2010, 11:29 PM
Hi all:

(Sorry for my poor English.)

I've several translated science fictions, but cannot find out who the authors were or what are the original fiction name. The only thing I can be sure is they all published before 1980. If anyone can offer some informations for me , I'll appreciate very much.

Here are some stories:

1. A story talking about some aliens evade from outerspace, and the people of the Galactic Center decide to choose champions from each planet (include Earth) to form a fleet defending galaxy. Unfortunately, accoding the compuer's caculating, the fleet will be doomed difinitely, so the computer called the fleet to retreat. The only one doesn't obey is the ship from Earth, and it wins at the first battle. Other ships moved by Earth ship, so all came back and fight together winning the last battle.

2. A family of 4 dragons decide to go back to their home ocean, becase the daughter save a diver and they don't want to expose theie exist to human

3. Scientists decide to use Octopus as the communication interface between human and alien species, the story is about how they develop such octopus to intelligence octopus.

4. Scientists discovers signals from outerspace via a stronomical telescope, buy go mad one by one. The found the root cause is the signal, and destroy all devices which can receive the signal.

5. Some scientists thinks ocean is resourceful than space, so decide to "walk" across the Allantic ocean undersea for investigating.

Thanks a lot.

Luc.

Pellinore
March 8th, 2010, 12:18 AM
I believe the first book on your list is Hour of the Horde by Gordon R. Dickson.

I don't recognize the others.

helloworld666
March 8th, 2010, 01:09 AM
I believe the first book on your list is Hour of the Horde by Gordon R. Dickson.

I don't recognize the others.

Accoring the description I found on internet, it is the same story ad the first one . Thanks a lot:D

Luc.

Charlie
September 13th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Number 4 might be "Macroscope" by Piers Anthony. Published in 1968 I believe.

Charlie

mylinar
September 16th, 2013, 08:57 AM
I know I read #5 as a kid. They walked across the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean using suits that had 'negative bouyancy' and which somehow supplied their food and such needs but those details fade with time. I remember a scene where they rescued a whale caught in a cable somewhere along the continental shelf. This book has to have been written in the 60's as I got it from a bookmobile when I was in my early teens say 1971 or so.