View Full Version : check it out

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

dark-knight
June 17th, 2002, 07:13 PM
Just went to the book store and bought these:
Everyone speaks so highly of this series so I bought them and can't wait to start them.

Just thought I would share my excitement.

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/b5cd3aab/bc/books.jpg?bcIfgN9AEokaHPcV

Llama
June 17th, 2002, 07:19 PM
Congratulations, I just LOOOVE the new pants!

dark-knight
June 17th, 2002, 07:22 PM
thanks for the sarcasm

jfclark
June 17th, 2002, 07:32 PM
You'll probably love these books. They're quick-paced, exciting and full of complex plotlines and intriguing characters. In other words, the books are fatiguingly long.

Unfortunately, some of us may never live to see the day the series is completed; you're in for a long, long wait. Martin writes circles around himself and will probably find himself extending the series to the tune of eight or nine or ten volumes in order to extricate himself from the mess he's created.

dark-knight
June 17th, 2002, 08:19 PM
I thought there were only 5 books scheduled in this series?
Maybe not but hey I'm 18 and hopefully have many long years if he does decide to pull a Jordan.

jfclark
June 17th, 2002, 08:54 PM
I'm sure there are other threads at this forum in which Martin's plans have been discussed more authoritatitvely. It's my understanding that as recently as a couple of years ago Martin envisioned A Song of Ice and Fire as a set of two trilogies, or six books in all. However, recently it appears he's altered the plan, and the series will be at least seven volumes. My prediction of 8 or 10 books was just sarcastic speculation. But in a world where Robert Jordan can start writing a trilogy and end up with 12 or 13 books, anything's possible.

CrazyReader
June 17th, 2002, 09:03 PM
That's some GREAT summer reading!! And it will probably take ALL summer too!! :p

Qin
June 17th, 2002, 09:11 PM
It shouldn't take very long to read. I flew through book 3 in a week's time without a problem. Of course, since I read at a speed of about 30 pages an hour, you can only imagine how many hours a day were spent reading.