PDA

View Full Version : Doctor Who Season 6: SPOILERS!

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Betthany85
March 24th, 2010, 04:03 PM
For those of you who are curious about the new series of Doctor Who – I’m here on behalf of BBC America to spread the word about the premiere. We’re kicking things off on Saturday, April 17 at 9/8c with an extended episode with limited commercial interruption. Also, at 8pm that night, we’ll be airing a special one-hour “Doctor Who: The Ultimate Guide” that’ll introduce you to Matt Smith and Karen Gillan. Definitely worth a watch!

Lusi
April 1st, 2010, 03:29 AM
Ya, this is one of my favorite show. Thanks to BBC for bringing such a nice show. It is not only popular in U.K. as well as other countries.

Loerwyn
April 1st, 2010, 03:38 AM
I think I'm going to call April Fool's on this one.

Hobbit
April 1st, 2010, 04:15 AM
Nope: it's about right. [Not everyone gets 'April Fool's Day'] :D

Which means that the UK has about two weeks head start before the US.

That'll make it New New New Doctor then!

[LATER EDIT]: Have now edited this to make it THE thread for the latest Doctor.

Here's a prediction I made on the blog (http://www.sffworld.com/forums/blog.php?b=449) with about a week to go.

There's been a lot of speculation and hyper-ventilated comments about whether the new series will be any good.

Here's my prediction: Yes it will be, and I'll go further to say that in time (admittedly not necessarily at the beginning) he will be one of THE Doctors for many.

I trust Steven Moffat THAT much.

Let's see if its true!

Mark

Loerwyn
April 1st, 2010, 04:19 AM
You're right.
Sorry! First post, April 1st, no sleep and skepticism at work here.
Now, where did I leave my hat...

Hobbit
April 1st, 2010, 04:25 AM
Skepticism? Really? Not something we get much of at SFFWorld. :D
*passes cup of tea* :D

Back to topic - I do think that the Doctor's in a safe pair of hands here, though: more than RTD in my opinion (not everyone will like that!) who could be annoyingly erratic.

And what I like about it most is that there does seem to be a return to a lot of the old values, but combined with the best of the new: which can only be good.

Confidence is such that the second series has already been commissioned and scripts being written (including one by a certain Mr Neil Gaiman.)

Mark

Loerwyn
April 1st, 2010, 04:33 AM
I'm interested to see the new pair, truth be told. I know the companion's quite (i.e. rather) cute, but I share my mum's opinion that Matt Smith doesn't look like a Doctor.
There's something about the way he looks, and I can't put my finger on it.

Hobbit
April 1st, 2010, 08:50 AM
There's something about the way he looks, and I can't put my finger on it.

No: I thought that was just a bloke's point of view, to be honest: I think the same about Robert Patterson too.

But I am trying to see beyond the looks. :D From what I gather, the looks are deceptive and (at least to start with!) he's like William Hartnell in a young body. Hence the older looking clothing.

Mark

Loerwyn
April 1st, 2010, 08:58 AM
Hobbit, do you have Sky or any access to Sci Fi UK? Doctor Who feature length weekend :D
I'll certainly be watching his first episode, but I'm really not expecting much. I stopped watching during one of the Tennant (I can't remember which, truth be told. I remember The Master, though. And I think I saw some with Catherine Tate. Or maybe just two or three with her), and I wasn't a big fan of Ecclestone.
Well, time will tell, eh?

Hobbit
April 1st, 2010, 09:12 AM
Hobbit, do you have Sky or any access to Sci Fi UK?

Sadly not, Dwagginz. But to be honest, I've probably got most of them on DVD. Youngest Hobbit quite likes them, though the pace of the older ones is (understandably) slower. And anything with the Daleks in is a must.

Mark