PDA

View Full Version : Walking dead!!!(brains....uuhhh)

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

thehindmost
March 29th, 2010, 03:53 PM
Awesome comic series, best comic series, horrifying comic series. Who reads this comic series?

kater
March 29th, 2010, 04:43 PM
Best comic series may be a bit OTT, Kirkman's announcement he has 300+ issues planned being one of the problems I have with the series and the fact its momentum has stalled of late another. Those grumbles aside it really is fantastic story telling, predictable in its unpredictability, compelling in his willingness to kill off anyone and a superb use of all the genre tropes available. Also a B+W that has a huge following, rare as a chocolate teapot.

thehindmost
March 30th, 2010, 07:08 AM
Well the moment looks like its picking up or going to as of the latest issue, and having 300 issues planned out? That does nothing but bring tears of joy to my eyes. It means he won't be dawdling around, or throwing things in there that are irrelevant to how the characters and story are going to develop. But ah, it saddens me that only one person is reading this great story. I just hope his joking of 'bringing in the aliens' remains joking

kater
March 30th, 2010, 04:34 PM
I don't think the 300 issue estimate is an issue-by-issue plan, that would be too insane even for the way some comic writers work. I think it was a ballpark figure to show how much he had to say, what it does do though is show that the series isn't finite, as in it has an actual ending Kirkman's getting to, which to me is disappointing. But at the same time can't hate the guy for making his money. Aliens would be a jump-the-shark move for me, the series is too rooted in survival horror now to be the work of external agencies.

kater
March 30th, 2010, 04:44 PM
And because I am attached to the interwub I give you a gift of information:

Walking Dead TV Show approved (http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=64650)

thehindmost
March 30th, 2010, 05:11 PM
simply awesome, and I wouldn't like it to reach a conclusion or ending, I think that would just feel wrong with how everything has developed and just the nature of the story. But awsome, last I'd heard was just rumors of a pilot. This is good news indeed.

Solaar
March 30th, 2010, 05:16 PM
Ah, loved loved loved it...

until...

...in the bloody comics the letters pages were getting more paper than the story!! Ok, slight exaggeration but I'm not far off. If I wanted a six page letters section I'd go elsewhere!

Now I just pick up the graphic novels and can enjoy it in big chunks in peace ;-)

Solaar
stream lining