SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

WHearth
March 31st, 2010, 05:21 PM
Limit - 5 sentences per post.

Flames burst forth from the ground as the demon Haganoth roared in pain and anger. Jaren rolled to the side, just in time to avoid being incinerated by one of the explosive infernos. He grabbed his sword from where it lay on the ground, sweat dripping down his forehead.

"Haganoth!" Jaren said. "You've now seen that you are not as invincible as you once believed."

N. E. White
April 4th, 2010, 08:04 PM
A deep rumble answered the boy. Haganoth stood up on unsteady legs, and Jaren stepped back as the demon reached his full height. It dawned on Jaren that the rumble was the demon laughing. At him.

"Stupid human, when will you learn that I am not so easily defeated?"

WHearth
April 5th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Haganoth stretched forth his hand towards Jaren. Flames burst out of his hand, shooting towards the boy.

Jaren held his sword upright out in front of him. As the flames collided with the it, the sword absorbed them, leaving Jaren untouched behind its protection.

"Now I've got you," Jaren whispered to himself, smiling, and he pointed his sword tip at the demon.

Sparrow
April 5th, 2010, 12:28 PM
The demon seemed to at once shimmer while it's horrible visage flickered like an oil lamp, sputtering for a quick moment, then extinguished. What was left behind in a heap, curled up on the scorched earth, was instantly recognizable to Jaren. It was Aylliah. Jaren's sword clattered to the ground as he rushed to her side. He had not seen his sister for two long years.

DailyRich
April 5th, 2010, 01:04 PM
Jaren knelt next to her, taking her in his arms.

"Fool."

And then it was as if he held all the fires of Vokken's Fury, the leering face of Haganoth shattering the illusion of his sister. The demon laughed, his breath fetid in Jaren's face.

Fool indeed, Jaren thought through the searing pain.

WHearth
April 7th, 2010, 12:49 PM
Then all was blackness.

. . .

Jaren awoke, his entire body throbbing. He could feel heat radiating off of his skin in many places, a sign that the burns he'd suffered had not healed completely yet.

Where am I? he thought to himself.

He was lying on a cold, stone floor, and in the little bit of light in the room, he could just make out the bars of a prison cell.

Evil Agent
April 7th, 2010, 01:44 PM
His mind reeled with a terrible, growing awareness.

I failed.

He slipped back into a dead, black sleep, and his mind waded through dark dreams laced with images of fire and leering demonic faces.

He was eventually awakened by a sharp, biting pain in his right foot. It seemed he had company in his cell . . . and the company was hungry.

N. E. White
April 8th, 2010, 11:22 PM
"Ketchup!" the beast wailed, "I need some ketchup!"

WHearth
April 9th, 2010, 01:41 PM
Jaren hurriedly pushed himself back, trying to prevent any further biting.

"Don't be scared," the thing said. "I'm not going to hurt you; I just wanted to get your attention. Do you have any ketchup?"

Jaren breathed heavily, but didn't respond. For one thing, he didn't even know what ketchup was.

Michael V. R.
April 12th, 2010, 03:58 AM
The thing seemed to be a rat sized weasel. Its long shiny body caught the sparse starlight from the single bared window.

“What are you?” Jaren took in his surroundings, keeping one eye on the creature.

“I’m a failed warrior in a cause that has recently taken a great interest in you, my friend.”