View Full Version : Raise your hand if you play D&D or AD&D

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Shef
June 18th, 2002, 07:18 PM
I was merely curious. I play the Star Wars Roleplaying game but not D&D. No one around here wants to play it. So I was wondering who else plays d20 system roleplaying games. Any memorable experiences.

Shef

Jack Burton
June 28th, 2002, 07:31 AM
AH, memories..I played D&D, let's see, when Ronald Regan was still Prez, probably at the height of its popularity!! I absolutely loved it! We incoporated all kinds of things into our 'homemade' modules..time travel...movies at the time..(Dragonslayer..Sword and the Sorcerer....we even did a module based on LOTR! We then discovered Traveler, which was a sci/fi role-playing game..don't recall if we used 20d. That was a Great game as well, plus we used movies again for our 'modules' at the time..Escape from NY..Blade Runner...Road Warrior....D&D was a great RPG..played it till college....!

Ogg
June 28th, 2002, 08:15 AM
Then JACK discovered the Chinese Hell of having your gut rotted slowly by ferminted drink, but alas that is another story for another day,...;)

Still on rare chance when the dads(Geeks one and all :D) can get together we try to do a little AD&D. Maybe twice a year or so. It tends to be more of a laughing at each other thing than any gamming at this point. But alas we are all fathers with busy lives, but our geek hearts still beat with-in our chest....

Jack Burton
June 29th, 2002, 02:15 PM
BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRP, whoops, that fermented booze is repeating on me! I agree, Ogg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Runebreaker
July 11th, 2002, 01:31 AM
In game the most memorable moment happened when my druid became one of the subruler's of hell and obviously became evil (evil druid's rock) the other in game memorable moment was when my friends male dwarf warrior found a ring of genderbending and was made into a female. 7 years later he is still the harriest woman my druid knows

in the real world the most memorable moment was when i got really drunk at some frat party (thank god for jock roomates) and starting acting like my character. Amazingly the women were diggin the entire threatening everyone with horrible deaths by being mauled. Gotta love sorority girls. Yum

saintjon
August 23rd, 2002, 12:25 PM
Okay this is about the fourth time I've piped up in a thread like this. Crazy, crazy moments abound in our games. Most of them are because of liberal DMing though. Every time we used to play it would be about a half hour before whatever village in the middle of nowhere our level 1 characters happened to be in was about to be overrun by an army of pit-fiends. To this day my pal insists that a level 1 character can kill a pit fiend without too much trouble.

The D20 system's pretty good, but Exalted is better. I haven't yet run into anyone in this forum who's played it though.

someguy
August 23rd, 2002, 01:02 PM
I played AD&D, Twilight 2000, Gamma World, and a little James Bond. I started out in junior high school and high school and, in hindsight, it sucked. Bad DMing, stupid immature players....the whole 9 yards.

Then I started playing when I was overseas at 24, and had a blast. A really good, creative, organized, fair DM, and some mature players. I wish I had time to do that now. Was a lot of fun.

saintjon
August 23rd, 2002, 01:32 PM
Yeah, when I manage to get together with my buds, our games are usually better now, although we end up rolling around the floor laughing a lot less.

Nero
August 28th, 2002, 06:30 PM
I just started getting lost in the world(s) of roleplaying, and I have to say, it is a worthwhile experience. I started with Baldur's Gate, which was pretty fun, but Elder Scrolls 3 and Diablo are by all means the best. I'm always a fighter or barbarian, only because I'm too scared to venture off into other classes which are a little more challenging to use. My hand is raised.

Gagged Man
August 28th, 2002, 10:57 PM
I played D&D 3rd Ed. with a group of about 10 friends. We take turns designing scenarios and DMing and that's pretty fun.
Also played various card games such as Magic.

We've broken up due to other commitments.
Ahh, memories....