PDA

View Full Version : James Cameron and others to do new Heavy Metal animated movie.

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

HarryCanyon
May 7th, 2010, 03:35 AM
That's right, a new Heavy Metal animated movie is coming soon from Sony. James Cameron, David Fincher, Guillermo Del Toro, Zack Snyder, Gore Verbinski, Jack Black, Rob Zombie and Kevin Eastman are collabrating together for a new 9 story animated and live-action HM movie. This will be more true to the comics this time like the 1981 movie was instead of the sloppy 2000 sequel, i'm a big fan of the original movie which i adored since i was 12 when it aired on TBS late at night in 1993 then i was 15 when it finally hit video, one of my favorite movies ever.

I also adored the comics since 1999 when i was 18 as it's still being published. I hear a rumor this will have different animation in each segment as traditional animation, CGI, Clay, Stop Motion, Sketchy, Flash and Japanese.

This should rock and who else thought both the magazine comics and movie influenced The Fifth Element and Avatar? James Cameron is a big fan of HM the movie and the comics.

Evil Agent
May 7th, 2010, 11:59 AM
I hope it's good. I loved the original, but was disappointed by the "sequel", Heavy Metal 2000.

saintjon
May 7th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Sounds strong man, I will be looking forward to it.

HarryCanyon
May 9th, 2010, 12:34 AM
I grew up with the original since i was 12 in 93 when i saw it on TBS with Vampire Hunter D, Rock and Rule (Taped it that year), American Pop, and more. I bought the video when i was 15 in 96 when it finally hit video in it's uncensored form then when i was 19 in 2000 as one of the first DVDs i bought.

The sequel blew however and this will bring new life to it.

Who agrees both the magazine and movie influenced The Fifth Element and Avatar? James Cameron is a big fan of HM the movie and the magazine and you can tell Avatar was like a big screen issue of the magazine brought to life.