View Full Version : Best comedian forever

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3

Lusi
May 26th, 2010, 04:57 AM
Who is your best comedian ? My choice is none other than Charlie Chaplin.

http://img.allposters.com/6/LRG/16/1654/BWJGD00Z.jpg

saintjon
May 26th, 2010, 06:14 AM
Best ever? Holy crap I am so torn between Rodney Dangerfield and Chris Farley.

My current favourite is Dave Attell.

kahnovitch
May 26th, 2010, 06:46 AM
Frankie Boyle is one of my favourites at the moment. he's a bit brutal for some people, but that's why I like him.

Chuffalump
May 27th, 2010, 06:43 PM
Frankie Boyle is one of my favourites at the moment. he's a bit brutal for some people, but that's why I like him.

I don't know. He's bloody brilliant on Mock the Week or any panel gameshow, but I saw his televised full length show and was disappointed. It was all rather disjointed and relied too much on insulting the audience.

In small doses people like Frankie Boyle and Jimmy Carr or most of the Mock the Week regulars are great but for a full length show..... Eddie Izzard. He has a great way of weaving multiple themes through the performance and then bringing them all together at the end. Darth Vader in the Death Star canteen? Small plane pilot with the jammy dodgers?

Loerwyn
May 27th, 2010, 06:49 PM
Milton Jones, I suppose. He's an absolute genius, and unlike people such as Frankie Boyle, he doesn't really descend to insulting people in any serious manner. Just your usual English anti-French jokes and the like.

My other favourite has to be Michael McIntyre. Whilst he can be a bit repetitive, I think he's also an incredible comedian. He's very, very good at observational comedy and he's usually quite funny.

Corporal Blues
May 27th, 2010, 08:12 PM
Bill Hicks. Hilarious, smart, and unlike any comedian I've ever heard or seen.

Monty Mike
May 28th, 2010, 01:27 AM
I'd probably vote for Billy Connolly. No other comedian is quite like him. Of course, the fact that he's a fellow Scott wins him some points too... :p

imaster
May 30th, 2010, 09:22 PM
At the moment, I'd say Ross Noble. Absolutely brilliant.

DurzoBlint
May 30th, 2010, 10:17 PM
Of all-time I have to go with Rodney Dangerfield as he was humorous and helped get so many younger comedians their foot in the door. A real class act.

Current favorites: Sarah Silverman as she does not pull her punches and Stephen Colbert for his amazing timing.

Lusi
June 9th, 2010, 03:25 AM
I am shocked with the replies. No bodies favorite "Charlie Chaplin" , how it is possible.