PDA

View Full Version : Superhero Casting Calls...?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

Starry Eve
June 2nd, 2010, 11:15 AM
Hollywood doesn't seem to have had difficulty casting for Superman or Batman, but I'm still perplexed as to why they have yet to find the right actress to play the role of Wonder Woman? And does anyone think a live-action JLA will ever happen in the near future?...

Loerwyn
June 2nd, 2010, 12:49 PM
Bridget Regan for Wonder Woman! She's got the perfect build and look, especially in Legend of the Seeker.

kater
June 2nd, 2010, 02:57 PM
I think so many of these actresses are so tiny that very few seem physically capable of playing WW. As to a live-action JLA, my money would be on them waiting to see how the Avengers movie plays out and whether they can, once again, revive/reboot the Superman franchise.

Loerwyn
June 2nd, 2010, 03:03 PM
Aren't they also rebooting Batman? I thought the bloke who played him recently pulled out or something.

Starry Eve
June 2nd, 2010, 04:09 PM
I looked up an image of Bridget Regan since I'm not familiar with her name, and yes, she does indeed appear to offer at least a good physical representation of Wonder Woman. How tall is Bridget though? The best actresses able to fill this role would have to be at least 5' 11", right? If the big-name actresses don't have a physique to match Wonder Woman's, maybe somebody will discover an up and coming unknown? Wasn't Linda Carter found among the beauty pageant contestants?

Are the Avengers as popular and well-known as the core JLA members? I would think if Avengers bombed, it still wouldn't rule out a JLA movie. And why would the solo superhero movies do better than an ensemble cast?

Of all the Batman actors, I've often felt that Christian Bale suited the role well, physically and mentally. :)

Loerwyn
June 2nd, 2010, 04:25 PM
5'11"?! Doubt it, but Lynda Carter was a beauty model before she was Wonder Woman.

The Avengers are Thor, Iron Man, Captain America and The Hulk, I believe, and with the success of the Iron Man films, I'm sure they're more popular than JLA. Isn't Marvel more popular than DC, anyways?

Corporal Blues
June 2nd, 2010, 11:04 PM
Who's playing Cap and Thor?

I'm definitely a fan of Christian Bale as batman. I love his "batman voice".

Loerwyn
June 3rd, 2010, 04:34 AM
Who's playing Cap and Thor?

Chris Hemsworth is Thor:
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/7510/chrishemsworthasthor.jpg

Chris Evans, whomever he is, is currently in the position of Cappy A which should be filming in the near future, I think.
EDIT: Chris Evans played the Human Torch in Fantastic 4 1+2. How did I not know that? :(

Corporal Blues
June 3rd, 2010, 10:05 AM
That guy at least looks like he could play Thor.

Its funny that they got the same guy to who played The Human Torch to play Cap.

Thanks for the info.

Starry Eve
June 3rd, 2010, 05:52 PM
Hmm, well... Is it just me or does Chris Evans seem too slender to make a credible Capt America? Don't know why, but I keep thinking the good captain should look more buff and authoritative-like in live action.

Good question about the popularity of Marvel vs DC...sales figures could be deceptive though. I remember reading X-Men years ago, then switched to JLA and now, I'm not currently reading much of either! However, both companies do offer strong, iconic characters. Depends who you ask, maybe?