PDA

View Full Version : What is the title of this book!? Argh!

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Steelresolve
June 21st, 2010, 09:24 AM
Hi fellow SFF fans,

I am slowly going out of my mind trying to remember the title of a book i read a long time ago.

In it, there was a character with a name like vincent, vincenso etc. and a character whose name I can't remember but he was the main protagonist, and has a power where he had what was described as a sort of adrenaline rush, which gave him super strength and speed.

The vincent character was particularly interesting, as he used narcotics to give himself desirable effects like enhanced hearing, sight, combat ability etc. The way he used them was to consume the interesting narcotic and "store" its effects in his body, calling upon them when he later needed them.

If anyone has read this book, please let me know the title, as I would love to read it again.

Thanks, Steel.

JunkMonkey
June 21st, 2010, 09:34 AM
The vincent character was particularly interesting, as he used narcotics to give himself desirable effects like enhanced hearing, sight, combat ability etc. The way he used them was to consume the interesting narcotic and "store" its effects in his body, calling upon them when he later needed them.

I haven't read all of them so I may me misleading you but don't characters in Iain Banks' culture novels do this?

Chuffalump
June 21st, 2010, 11:42 AM
Fairly sure it's not an IMB book.

Sounds a bit like one of the Deathstalker books? Owen Deathstalker had 'the boost'.

Michigan
June 21st, 2010, 11:16 PM
Agree it sounds like Deathstalker. Deathstalker had the boost and one of the other characters took every chemical/drug known to man.

Steelresolve
June 24th, 2010, 01:23 PM
Thank you so much! Hit the nail on the head.

Ordered off Amazon straight away!