PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a kids' SF book series from late 70's - early 80's

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Gallowglas
June 26th, 2010, 01:17 AM
Hey gang,

I am trying to recall the name of a kids' book series I read back when I was in elementary school in the early 80's. I recall that they were short books but there were a number of them. I seem to recall that there was a talking spaceship and that when the ship talked, the dialogue was printed in a digital typeface. I think that I also recall that one of the books had the crew stranded on a planet where some force on said planet took control of the ship and was trying to get the crew to surrender. Maybe some of the crew fell under its sway too. If it helps, the books were hardbound and I think had white covers with some picture on each.

I know that's not a lot to go on and it's probably a longshot, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask. :)

Thanks in advance!

Chuffalump
June 26th, 2010, 05:23 AM
I honestly can't remember if the spaceship talked, but in the interests of getting an early suggestion in (:)), Dragonfall 5?

There's one called Dragonfall 5 and the Master Mind, which I can't find a plot for but sounds like a mind control adventure.