PDA

View Full Version : Have you read anything like this?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

creatorofPreten
June 28th, 2010, 08:13 PM
Hello (waves hi)

I posted this in the fantasy/horror section but I think the science fiction section may be more appropriate.

This is the synopsis for the novel I am writing. I was wondering if there were other books out there that are similar or exactly like my story that anyone who reads here has read.

It is not sci fi, it's fantasy set in space, since it all takes place in a different world. Pretenia is a lot like earth, but it isn't. There is no magic. Telepathic abilities are considered a natural sixth sense. (scientific explanation, just not our earth science) There are 5 levels of ability, no two telepaths are exactly alike. One telepath may be able to receive mental messages from you, but be unable to cast, to send an answer back.

There are 4 humanoid telepathic races, (2 races really, and 2 hybrid races) and then on the alt earth there is a fifth completely non telepathic race. The non telepaths are looked down on by the telepaths, and are treated as inferior.

The telepath races may have plans to enslave the non telepaths and some would like to use them for other means.

A major war breaks out among all the different telepath factions which is precipated by the late and unanticipated arrival of the non telepaths in their air space. The non telepaths are then used for cannon fodder as each race fights for control of the universe.

So far the only exposure I have had is Babylon 5.

Does this premise sound familiar to anyone?

Thanks (smiles politely)

Hitmouse
June 29th, 2010, 12:08 PM
Read some Jack Vance:
Planet of Adventure
Last Castle

It is not sci fi, it's fantasy set in space, since it all takes place in a different world.

Some might argue with that logic.

creatorofPreten
June 29th, 2010, 03:41 PM
Thanks Hitmouse! :)

I'll check these out.