PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to the winners!

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

estranghero
June 29th, 2002, 10:50 AM
Hey, congrats go to sffworld.com regulars nathan carter and manticore for winning the sffworld's writers' contest!

Keep up the good work! :)

edited to add: Does anyone know this ariadne person? Haven't seen her (or is that a him?) post yet.

Nathan Carter
June 29th, 2002, 07:50 PM
I'm not worthy! But I'll take it... I guess all that palm greasing finally paid off.

Seriously though... I'm quite honored... it was a fluke idea I had right before falling asleep... usually I stay lazy and doze off before committing it to paper... but for some reason, I pulled my butt out of bed to jot the outline for this one down.... I'm glad I did.

Shef
June 29th, 2002, 07:55 PM
Congrats to Manticore, Nathan, and Ariadne (Who are you?). I would also like to give kudos to all of those who made it to the short list. :cool:

Shef:D

manticore
June 29th, 2002, 08:55 PM
Manticore comes onstage and does little jig of joy. YES! YES! he says.

Manticore says 'I'd like to dedicate this award to the Academy, my producer, my chihuahua...'

Manticore notices several projectiles arcing towards him, identifying, among other things, a few rotten tomatoes, Ogg's Mighty Finger and the hardcover version of The Collected Posts of Qin.

'Thanks again!' he says hurriedly.

Manticore exits left.

Ashgan
June 30th, 2002, 10:31 AM
yes, indeed, congratulations to you, worthy wizard-friends, it was a grand competition. i cannot wait to read the tales of glory long past by myself for i am sure of their grasping quality. the hope of a new writing competition to come soon is high within me, and i dread not the day when we shall all meet in the field of battle once again and at what time fires shall clash with flames in the sky. ;)

ariadne
June 30th, 2002, 05:11 PM
Just been a lurker for a bit. Don't mean to be unsociable.

estranghero
June 30th, 2002, 11:10 PM
Don't worry Ariadne. :) We're just worried that a gem of a writer was hiding out there in the shadows and not gracing the forum with their presence. :D

Anway, welcome and congrats again! :cool:

Killer Chicken
June 30th, 2002, 11:18 PM
Congrats winners!

I've got a question. Where can I read these wonderful winner's stories? I am in need of reading material at the moment, and I would like to grace my eyes with this wonderful materials presense.

Oh and Welcome Ariadne!

Erebus
July 1st, 2002, 12:14 AM
All the entries can be found HERE (http://www.sffworld.com/authors/fiction/cont1.html).

ariadne
July 1st, 2002, 01:48 AM
Thanks for the welcome. Rather a surprise, getting to be a runner up, especially after reading through some of the other entries. They are all good.