PDA

View Full Version : Shape changer and telepathy

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

northreader
July 10th, 2010, 02:36 PM
I am trying to find a story that would have been on library shelves some time between 1965 and 1975. Not sure if it is a full length novel or just a short story. Here's what I remember: The main character is a man who, when his life is threatened, changes shape to whatever he needs to be to survive. When he falls out of an airplane, he becomes an eagle, when he falls off a boat, he becomes a shark. Then returns to his normal self when the danger is passed. He meets a group of women who are telepathic, who are looking for a telepathic man to have children with, to pass on the trait. The middle part of the story is completely forgotten, but in the end, he is trapped in a building set on fire and his only way out is to change into a telepath so he can receive the messages the women are sending him, with the combination to the lock on the door. So he becomes telepathic and they all live happily ever after. After he becomes telepathic, I seem to remember them commenting that his skin is now golden, and it is possible the women all have grey eyes.

So if anyone out there can steer me to this story, I would be eternally grateful, as I would like to read it again to fill in the parts I've forgotten. Thanks