PDA

View Full Version : Television Debuts - Fall 2010

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

PeterWilliam
July 13th, 2010, 07:37 PM
Alright, I'm somewhat discouraged with the upcoming television season. Several of my favorites have been discontinued (e.g. Lost, 24, Heroes). Furthermore, I've no idea if anything as compelling as those favorites is upcoming this fall. While I'll be plenty eager to continue watching Lie to Me, and see the upcoming seasons of Dexter, Fringe and V, television of interest (to me) has been nearly halved.

Does anyone have a lead on any interesting upcoming television series (yeah, yeah, I know, "Winter is Coming" - aside from that, I mean)?

sal
July 23rd, 2010, 03:55 AM
HI arn't you in america??At least you have access to shows that we in australia are still waiting for e.g warehouse 13 we cannot even buy season 1 here,eureka season 3 and Chuck season 3 you get to watch Caprica were as i will have to wait another 5 yrs or some such garbage.What about ffoward is that any good??We the dearly devoted Dexter fan were able a few mnths ago to buy season 3 but we had to wait until channel 10 finished with it before they released it,what was worse they took it of the air so unless you are super rich and have pay tv i was Dexter deprived for a while but what is truly galling is they are beginning to show season 5 and iam still waiting for season 4!
My point is iam jealous at least there seems to be an amazing variety to choose from whilst here in the Land DownUnder we are getting Conflict Earth season 4 and Mutants 1,2,3 and somthing called cleopatra2410???
However one show i don't envy you getting first is the new sgu it sucks,sorry if you liked it. I guess that it so bye
Samm

PeterWilliam
July 23rd, 2010, 07:02 AM
Hey Sal,

I hear you. It's easy to gripe when disappointed, but your point puts it in perspective. If I had to wait for Dexter, knowing the season was already out there somewhere, I would certainly be a bit pissed about that.

You know, I never saw Flash Forward - and I think it was even cancelled already, if I recall correctly. Regarding the new SGU, I've always leaned away from any SG tv series. I liked the original movie well enough, but just couldn't ever get into the television series.

Chuffalump
July 23rd, 2010, 11:17 AM
Cleopatra2410? Is that Cleopatra 2525?

So bad that it was.......bad. Except for the benefits of scantily clad athletic females.

Orbison
July 25th, 2010, 09:12 PM
My love knows no bounds for Bones. I'm only on season 4 (waiting for 5 to come out on DVD) but you guys are getting season 6 very soon. That's a show that just keeps getting better and better, in my opinion.

PeterWilliam
July 26th, 2010, 07:04 AM
A good friend of mine follows Bones devotedly. I have to admit I've not seen it though.

Daddy Darth
July 27th, 2010, 11:56 AM
I hear you PW. I am not sure that there is a lot to look forward to this fall (except for the guilty pleasure that is Glee - damn it its a good show).

Currently the Pillars of the Earth mini-series is on. The first two episodes were pretty good. I am looking forward to the rest.

Hobbit
July 27th, 2010, 02:48 PM
So what are you all looking forward to in the US for the new season?

What should I be looking forward to seeing here in the UK (bearing in mind that I've yet to see Season 2 of Fringe (which I love, on DVD soon!) or any of the new revamped V).

Surely the main new event is the new Spielberg series (Terra Nova?) though bearing in mind what has happened to some of his older TV attempts (Amazing Stories, for example) I'm a little cautious.

Is there anything new I should be looking for?

Mark

PeterWilliam
July 27th, 2010, 06:32 PM
So what are you all looking forward to in the US for the new season?

Ah man, I don't know. I started the thread hoping to get some kind of Wertzone-encyclopedic dissection of what was coming up this fall, on the chances there might be one or two shows debuting that I would enjoy.

What should I be looking forward to seeing here in the UK (bearing in mind that I've yet to see Season 2 of Fringe (which I love, on DVD soon!) or any of the new revamped V).

Mm-hmm, two of my faves there. The last time a television series came along that I enjoyed as much as these two (above) was back in high school when ST:The Next Generation came along.

Is there anything new I should be looking for?

Mark

I don't what season you folks across the pond have access to thus far, but Dexter finished season 4 and is about to start season 5. Season 4 put Dexter into the front-runner for all-time favorite television series.

C'mon, Adam - I know you're out there with fall debut knowledge somewhere. Beer, candy bar, what? What do you want in exchange for satisfying in my need-to-know addiction?

PeterWilliam
July 29th, 2010, 07:33 AM
Several times now, I've seen a trailer for an upcoming tv series debut called The Event. While it seemed interesting, even the trailer is too vague to give one any idea about the show. I found THIS (http://io9.com/5554836/nbcs-new-series-the-event-is-the-feral-love-child-of-24-and-lost) over at io9 concerning the show, but even that information is the roughest of outlines.

ETA: Ok, just found relatively large entry (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Event_(TV_series)) on wikipedia.