PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Episodes 4, 5 & 6; on DVD?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

xzanora21
July 1st, 2002, 07:01 PM
Does anyone know when Lucas Films is going to be releasing Episodes 4, 5, 6 on DVD?

fluffy bunny
July 1st, 2002, 07:52 PM
apparently, lucas made a LOT of money with episode 1 on dvd.
Unofficial- but after episode 2, out come 4,5,6 (he needs time to put the special features together)

xzanora21
July 1st, 2002, 09:00 PM
cool

DarthV
July 2nd, 2002, 11:09 PM
Lucas will not be releasing 4, 5 and 6 until the prequels are done. He's said that many times.

I almost sudder to think how much more tinkering he's going to do to the original movies.

trentdick2882
July 24th, 2002, 11:48 AM
i read that lucas thinks that the original ep 4, 5, and 6 are just rough drafts and he plans on altering them even more than they were in the special edition version. he is thinking about filming scenes with natalie portman to put into the original trilogy. i have lost the little respect i had for the man very quickly.

fluffy bunny
July 24th, 2002, 01:38 PM
so any chance he'll do what was done on the abyss dvd? Include the original cut on one disc, and the fluffed up chi version on another?

bsgcourier
February 15th, 2003, 01:48 PM
I you wish the original versions of episodes 4, 5 and 6 of Star Wars to be included in the DVD release, perhaps you should take a look at this petition (http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?OTondvd).

kater
February 15th, 2003, 02:20 PM
They are being released but like Darth V says not until after Ep3 because Lucas is complaining about the lack of extras he currently has to justify putting the dvd's together - the film magazine Empire alone managed to dredge up fifteen hours of extras for the first three films recently in an attempt to prove Lucas was just BS-ing.

Hobbit
February 15th, 2003, 02:32 PM
They are being released but like Darth V says not until after Ep3

Well, yes they are, but according to Lucas only the newer Special Editions will be released. He clearly has no intention of releasing the original versions in their original form - as trentdick has said Lucas sees them as 'work in progress' and are not what he wanted but are what he could produce with the technical and financial limitations of the time. I really don't think he'll change his mind, IMO.

Shame really - I always thought Spielberg's 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind Special Edition' was worse than the original, too. Ho hum....

Hobbit

trentdick2882
February 16th, 2003, 02:34 AM
i actually heard that lucas is not planning on releasing any of the original trilogy. he doesn't think they represent his work anymore, or something like that. there are petitions you can sign to try to get them on DVD though...