Pages : [1] 2

MarcPhoenix
July 2nd, 2002, 03:26 AM
Anyone into MANGA?

Marc Phoenix
www.authorsden.com/phoenix

Alucard
July 6th, 2002, 02:12 AM
Used to be when I still had money. I used to collect "Blade of the Immortal" and an obscure series called "balck and white," but I don't have money anymore, so I can't continue collect. Oh well.

Spawfonk
July 13th, 2002, 05:07 AM
lots of ppl are, no doubt. the thing about manga though is, as whats-his-face mentioned, is that it is so damned expensive. and if you just buy single issues (like, not collections) there seems to be little content for what your paying. i have a neo-genesis evangelion that i bought about a month ago cause i was considering reading the series, but um all that happened was some people were like 'emergency!' and all got in robots, all this with little or no dialouge. frustratin

i do however, collect the big volumes of ranma 1/2. they seem more worthwhile and fun to read cause its easier to follow.

MarcPhoenix
July 15th, 2002, 02:56 AM
I too have found MANGA to be quite pricey. However, though I would like to buy all of the MANGA I've seen I remain picky!

Marc Phoenix
www.authorsden.com/phoenix

Alucard
July 15th, 2002, 04:10 AM
Whats-his-face? I don't have a name? Grrrr.

Spawfonk
July 15th, 2002, 04:25 AM
hahaha sorry Alucard i forgot it as i was writing the post

Alucard
July 15th, 2002, 07:40 PM
:) No problem. I was just bickering. I actually thought it was funny.

jjt
August 17th, 2002, 12:05 PM
I dig the Manga style. But have only picked up the first few Cowboy Bebop and the first trade (issues 1-4) since I couldn't find CB #1.

It took a while to get used to reading backwards but fun.

VampirePrincess
August 19th, 2002, 08:05 PM
I love manga...

I love Dragon Knights, Sailor Moon Stars, Clover, Ceres, Fushgi Yuugi, Uzamaki etc...

I just love japanese art.

jjt
August 23rd, 2002, 09:06 PM
I picked up the 2nd and 3rd trade paperback for Bebop. I highly recommend. They run 9.99 us and they have about 150 pages .. and 3 or 4 complete stories.

:D