PDA

View Full Version : Sherlock (BBC)

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Loerwyn
August 2nd, 2010, 10:35 AM
Anyone else been watching this? Absolutely brilliant show, in my opinion, and it's such a shame it's only three episodes long. I hope they bring it back for a second season, though, as Benedict Cumberbatch (what a name!) and Martin Freeman work brilliantly together.

It makes me want to read some Sherlock Holmes :D

Evil Agent
August 2nd, 2010, 01:00 PM
Hadn't heard of this yet, but I will probably check it out. I've always had a slight interest in Sherlock Holmes, and have always wanted to read the books as well. I'll get around to it eventually.

The only thing I'm not sure about is that it's apparently a modern updated version of Holmes. Part of what I love about Holmes (including the new Robert Downey Jr. film) is the dark grittiness of Victorian London.

Sidmyster
August 17th, 2010, 10:22 AM
i thought it was excellent....cant wait for some more.

Chuffalump
August 24th, 2010, 12:19 PM
Agreed!

Only saw two of the episodes but loved it. Can't remember what it was but I know I had a problem with one of the episodes. Didn't care. Still loved it.

rune
August 30th, 2010, 06:10 AM
I was pleasantly surprised by this series. It was a bit like the UK version of the Mentalist :D
Very good storyline, do hope it comes back and the humour was fun too between the main characters

Loerwyn
August 31st, 2010, 12:03 PM
According to BBC Radio 2 today, Sherlock's been comissioned for another series. I think they said (couldn't really hear it) that they're aiming for next Autumn (i.e. 2011). Woot!

CVLewis
September 15th, 2010, 06:07 PM
I haven't seen this one, missed unfortunately, must catch it on reruns. Does anyone remember the American series with an out of his time S.H. adapting to modern life? Very witty and brilliantly played by the actor in the Holmes role.

fluffy bunny
September 17th, 2010, 09:10 AM
Moffat did a really good job when updating this to the modern day without losing the charm. Best adaptation of Sherlock in some time. Nice to see the reaction of law enforcement to thiis private detective. It's a shame series 1 was limited to 3 episodes (even if each was an hr and a half long)