View Full Version : Scott Pilgrim vs. the World

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : 1 [2]

Corporal Blues
September 7th, 2010, 07:17 PM
No mention in the graphic novels as to where the characters learn to fight. I think it is just part of Bryan Lee O'Malley's themes...the books seem to be strongly influenced by arcade games, RPGs, and ninja movies.

ColdSun
October 31st, 2010, 02:28 AM
I am a 43 year old kid. Seriously. I loved this movie, yes, even the music. I didn't mind Micheal Cera as much as most folks, and I find Mary Elizabeth Winstead very attractive but Ramona seemed sort of dull. Other than that, this is definately one of my favorite movies and I wait anxiously for November 9th when the movie comes out to DVD.

Favorite scene: The music duel against the twins. That scene is rocking. I could watch it over and over just to see that big gorilla thing Sex Ba-bomb conjures to fight the two dragons. When SP kicks the pedal to turn up the music I just smile like a little kid every time. :)

Aktunka
November 9th, 2010, 09:03 PM
This is one of my new favorites. I am 37 so maybe outside of the target demo, but I loved almost everything about this movie. I especially loved the music as well. It all came together pretty damn well.

I didn't mind Michael Cera, but I have been a fan of his since seeing him in Arrested Development and I kind of like the "Michael Cera character". That being said, I think he does need to make a major change in the next film or two. Maybe a serious serial killer or something to get him outside of the comfort zone.

KatG
November 9th, 2010, 11:51 PM
You might like his film Youth in Revolt if you haven't seen it, where he does a Michael Cera character and an alter ego very nicely. Cera's just getting started. (I would kind of like to put him and Jesse Eisenberg in a film together and see what mutates.)

Queen Aurora
November 10th, 2010, 12:54 AM
I am really looking forward to seeing this and I loved kick-ass :)

Westsiyeed
November 28th, 2010, 10:03 PM
Good review, Roland. Such a refreshing movie to watch compared to how much crap's out there! Though I'd probably give it a 9/10 (ie not as good as some of my 10/10 rated movies such as Alien and Goodfellas!)

oasis seeker
November 28th, 2010, 10:19 PM
I enjoyed it very much, though others with me didn't like it so much.

alex4u
December 17th, 2010, 02:04 AM
I watched it yesterday really loved it though didnt like Ramona's hair style