PDA

View Full Version : Ten reasons to like the Clones

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

asimovian
July 5th, 2002, 02:12 PM
There has been discussion about this topic before, but I got the impression that most people agreed overall that the movie was not a success.
I wonder if this is really justified.
I myself have seen the movie twice and I liked it much more the second time.
Here Paul Levinson gives ten reasons why he loved the movie.
http://www.locusmag.com/2002/Reviews/Levinson05_StarWars.html
I think that even those who positively loathed it could yet find things in it they (*) qualify as good or even excellent, if they just could think about it a little.
So, please step forward and tell us - if this is the case, - about what you really *did* like in War of the Clones.

(*) insert "would"

Shanoncia
July 5th, 2002, 03:47 PM
Like all Star Wars movies, I not only liked, but loved the action, and adventure. The fights were great, as were the effects. Now about Yoda with a light Sabre.... LMAO! :D

Jack Burton
July 5th, 2002, 04:49 PM
AHH, one day I will see it..I think I'm going to go to the theater by myself to see it...The wife has noe desire to see it..plus she can stay home with the kids!!!!!!!:D

enazwo
July 6th, 2002, 02:18 AM
Overall the AotC was a better experience the tPM. Though I yearned for the return to the glory days of Star Wars.

As most agree, not much chemistry between Anakin and Amidela. That only magnified missing the magic that Leia, Luke, and Han had created. I think that's why I had a wistful smirk when there was the bantering between R2D2 C3PO in AotC.

And so to answer the question posed,
I did enjoy much of the CGI scenery. But I thought the scene where Amidela and Anakin were horsing around with the grotesquely constipated field animals looked real fakey.

I loved the battle scenes completely.
I also thought it was great that Yoda proved he was a wise warrior by being able to command skillfully the Clone army.

Okay let the arrows, and tomatoes fly, but I loved seeing Yoda kick ass. And when he walked away with his cane made me think about by letting your enemies underestimate you abilities will give you an adavantage.

kegasaurus
July 11th, 2002, 02:31 AM
The entire film was flat. I think Lucas told the actors that they were to stately and withdrawn as this is the only reason I can give for teh total lack of emotion.

The Battle scenes were alright up until Samuel L Jackson ran. That was it for me.