View Full Version : New Iron Maiden album

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

savs165
August 23rd, 2010, 02:05 PM
Im not sure if this will get any responses, but considering the lyrical content of Iron Maiden's music, I thought there may be some fans here.

I recently picked up thier newest record "The Final Frontier", and boy is it great. Its an entire sci-fi themed metal record. Plus look at this friggin cover art, ....ITS AWESOME!! lol

Any fans?

http://metalwarez.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Iron-Maiden-The-Final-Frontier-2010.jpg

Daddy Darth
August 23rd, 2010, 02:40 PM
That is a wicked cover. I was trying to check it ou on itunes but 30 seconds a song is not enough. Maybe I should just take the plunge.

savs165
August 23rd, 2010, 03:13 PM
Haha, yeah the cover is great! Im one of the few people that still buys cd's. Its really good though. I mean, its not like thier 80's stuff, but its still damn good.

Orbison
August 23rd, 2010, 07:05 PM
Iron Maiden, unlike 99% of bands, just get better and better with every record.

Rob B
August 23rd, 2010, 09:05 PM
UP THE IRONS! I should be receiving this within a couple of days and I'm looking forward to it. Maiden is probably my favorite band I've realized their more recent work (particularly A Matter of Life and Death tends to get better upon repeated listenings.

Corporal Blues
August 24th, 2010, 12:13 AM
Oh man, how did I not hear about this one? Iron Maiden is an all-time favorite band of mine, but I've listened almost exclusively to their 80's material...might just have to give this one a shot...

savs165
August 24th, 2010, 09:52 AM
They've gotten much more "progressive" over the years, and this album is a perfect example of that. However, if you ask me, thats not a bad thing. Although if you read the reviews, some die hard fans dont like it. But honestly, these guys are in thier 50's now and seem to get better and better as musicians. This record it great!

Quazie89
September 30th, 2010, 11:51 AM
I really can't see why the fans don't like this one, because I just got it the other day and I like every song on the album, but my two favorites are Coming Home and When the Wild Wind Blows. Still, I haven't listened to a lot of their older stuff, yet, because I've just gotten into them not too long ago, but I also own Somewhere Back In Time and some of the songs on there sound close to the style on this album.

Sparrow
October 19th, 2010, 12:28 AM
I really can't see why the fans don't like this one, because I just got it the other day and I like every song on the album, but my two favorites are Coming Home and When the Wild Wind Blows. Still, I haven't listened to a lot of their older stuff, yet, because I've just gotten into them not too long ago, but I also own Somewhere Back In Time and some of the songs on there sound close to the style on this album.

You need to go back a little further, to their Piece Of Mind album... when they were a great band with a ferocious sound, and were fun as hell to see live.

What they are now is old and tired.
Bruce hasn't the voice for it anymore, lyrically the songs are just plain lame, and everything from the guitars to the drums to Bruce's voice are flat. How do you go thirty years essentially playing the same material?

harrynia
November 17th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Well, yes the cover story is really good. Rest we all gona see it soon.