PDA

View Full Version : The Pillars of the Earth tv show

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Dyloot
August 31st, 2010, 03:58 PM
Now that it's all over, what did you all think? I wasn't always impressed, but looking back I looked forward to the next episode every week.

The show didn't push the envelope nearly as far as Spartacus. Still, it was far more adult than most fantasy productions, which I applaud Starz for continuing.

TBH, I have much higher expectations for ASOIAF, but I'm glad Pillars was made. I hope Starz continues making shows like it and Spartacus.

Hellequin
August 31st, 2010, 04:41 PM
I thought the books was amazing so looking forward to watching the show

Alchemist
August 31st, 2010, 04:52 PM
I've watched seven episodes on Netflix and plan on watching the 8th tonight. It has been very enjoyable for what it is--a high quality television show, which means it is good entertainment but not something I'll be thinking about a month from now.

Daddy Darth
August 31st, 2010, 05:50 PM
It has been nice to see elements of the book come to life. Jack was perfect, I think. I dont really remember the degree of suggestion about the incest b/w William Hamleigh and his sweet momma in the book as there has been in the show.

I just hope it was moderately succesful so we can get more of this kind of tv and less hospital, cop, forensic investigator shows. Ugh - I'm getting sick of it.

Colonel Worf
September 3rd, 2010, 01:52 PM
There must not have been a lot of faith in this series, because the only reason I knew it was on was because I saw one billboard about 6 weeks after it had started.

Daddy Darth
September 3rd, 2010, 01:59 PM
I dont know - I saw some previews for it on tv months before it was on and some stuff on line but that was about it. I do live under a rock though.

I was not completely thrilled with the ending they went with in this production and I never found William got to be as evil as I remember him. I almost felt sorry for him at times and I really just wanted to boo and hiss.

The brief battle scenes were kinda cool.