PDA

View Full Version : Got the prizes!!

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

manticore
July 9th, 2002, 11:59 AM
Got Talespin and GemQuest today morning. most excited. read talespin, really liked it, erebus. have started gemquest too.

cool prizes. am most happy

Erebus
July 9th, 2002, 09:00 PM
Thanks so much for letting us know, Manticore, and really glad you liked Tale Spin too!

Cheers, Neil

Gary Wassner
July 11th, 2002, 11:38 AM
They arrived quickly! The mail still works!
I hope you enjoy your read.

manticore
July 11th, 2002, 12:39 PM
yes. thoroughly enjoyed GemQuest too.
was surprised they reached so quickly - this doesnt happen generally. still, special occasion and everything :)

i was just curious--
are you happy with your current publishers? or are you planning to send submissions of your next novels to more mainstream ones as well?

Gary Wassner
July 11th, 2002, 01:41 PM
Glad you enjoyed GemQuest. That makes me feel good, really!

I send submissions out all the time. There just are not that many publishers willing to look at new authors, and many of the large ones do not accept unsolicited manuscripts. I had an agent for the past year (i terminated in March) and they also submitted my second manuscript. But, I really don't believe anyone ever read it. my agent was not a well known, NYC agent!

Recently, I have been soliciting the small presses. I think that they are more likely to read what i send in, and I truly believe that if editors take the time to read my books, they will want to publish them. It is frustrating, though. I am now in the middle of Book IV in the series and I have held off publishing Book II and Book III with iuniverse. They do no marketing at all and that makes it so hard to sell any significant numbers. from a POD publishers point of view, they make money if only 50 books are sold per year!

I am also still looking for a new agent, but I will only sign with a really good one this time! Otherwise, I might as well do it myself.

I just have to keep writing no matter what. One day i will find the right publisher to publish the entire series!!

By the way (boy, i hate having to say this!) you could help all of us by spreading the word about our books if you do like them. Maybe some editor will take the time to read what everyone here writes about authors they don't know and be adventurous and sign one of us! hey, you never know!