PDA

View Full Version : Book I loved as a child

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

redkamel
September 7th, 2010, 03:16 AM
I read this book in middle school, but I forgot what it was called. If anyone here knows it, I would be thankful...I'd love to read it again. Heres what I remember.

-The novel is from the early 90s or late 80s. It was a mass market paperback.
-The cover is mostly blue, and has what looks like an alien on a translucent chess board in space on it. The alien is in a pose reminiscent of a chess piece.
-Vaguely: In the novel, a girl is on vacation in a beach house (East Coast?) she finds a game that involves psychic powers, the pieces are alive, and she is involved in some sort of interstellar psychic war. One of the main aliens appears very similar to an octopus.

I was reminiscing about all those paperbacks I devoured in middle school and I am trying to find/get the highlights before they are gone (like the Logical Magician series, which I reccomend). This one would really make me happy. I remember finding at the library and taking it home, so excited to read it. And it was pretty good too.

Randy M.
September 10th, 2010, 09:36 AM
I read this book in middle school, but I forgot what it was called. If anyone here knows it, I would be thankful...I'd love to read it again. Heres what I remember.

-The novel is from the early 90s or late 80s. It was a mass market paperback.
-The cover is mostly blue, and has what looks like an alien on a translucent chess board in space on it. The alien is in a pose reminiscent of a chess piece.
-Vaguely: In the novel, a girl is on vacation in a beach house (East Coast?) she finds a game that involves psychic powers, the pieces are alive, and she is involved in some sort of interstellar psychic war. One of the main aliens appears very similar to an octopus.

I was reminiscing about all those paperbacks I devoured in middle school and I am trying to find/get the highlights before they are gone (like the Logical Magician series, which I reccomend). This one would really make me happy. I remember finding at the library and taking it home, so excited to read it. And it was pretty good too.

Might this be one of the novels by William Sleator?

Randy M.

redkamel
September 10th, 2010, 06:19 PM
Interstellar pig is the novel. I don't know how you did that but I am very impressed. Thanks. Happy reading!