PDA

View Full Version : I see you trying to inject your goo into me, so stop it.

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

aiasminor
October 6th, 2010, 02:32 PM
I would love it if I had a channel all to my own. A channel that is committed to producing inspiring works of sff. Why is it that SyFy, a channel that is supposed to be dedicated to sci fi entertainment trying to inject other less worthy and blatantly inappropriate shows into their line up. Amidst Battlestar Galactica, Caprica, Sanctuary, Stargate, Star Trek, Doctor Who I find such blatantly unrelated shows like Mary Knows Best where you can get advice on life, love, and finances. Listen lady unless your helping me score tickets to Dragon Con I don’t want to hear your advice. Also you can find a myriad of ghost shows like:

Ghost Hunters
Ghost Hunters International
Ghost Hunters Academy
Ghost Hunters Headquarters
Ghost Whisperer
Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files
Scariest Places on Earth
Scare Tactics

Doesn’t this crap belong on their sister channel Chiller. Maybe, just maybe you can try to shoe horn it in here and categorize it under fantasy because god knows almost anything falls under that category nowadays but what is WWE doing in the SyFy line up. SyFy just signed a contract with WWE so expect to see a lot of them on the channel from now on. Every now and then we get an unmotivated attempt at a SyFy channel movie. I understand NBC Universal doesn’t want to blow loads of money on a channel that doesn’t even tend to its flock. But do fans really deserve such movies as Sharktopus, Mansquito, and Bats: Human Harvest. All of their movies only have a 1-2 million dollar budget but does the budget really mean they have to have terrible plots and dialogue. Don’t insult my intelligence by advertising one type of goo and injecting some other type of goo while I’m not looking. I see you trying to inject your goo into me, so stop it.

Omphalos
October 6th, 2010, 02:55 PM
SciFi Channel is a joke (sorry, can't bring myself to call it by that other moronic moniker). It pisses me off that the one group of people who should understand what SF is all about really don't give a crap. Tunnel-visioned termites, the lot of them. They think making a movie that everyone laughs at is a "success." They are too myopic to do what every other basic cable network is doing; introduce one show, build it up, then get another one up, then another, and so on.

I have never been embarassed about the SF that I read. Hell, I'll read something like Sorrority Zombie Hookers on Crack (I only wish that was a real book!) on an airplane if I like, and hold my head high. But when the SF Channel started broadcasting wrestling, I hung my head in shame and stopped trying to get my friends to watch it.

Buncha tools. I hate the travesty they have wrought. If it weren't for SG:U and, back in the day, BSG, I really would never bother.