PDA

View Full Version : I'm going nuts trying to remember!!

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

ManicJas
October 7th, 2010, 01:24 AM
I read this book 10+ years way back in High School and have tried many times through the help of several search engines to try to find the title and author. With absolutely no luck. I remember vaguely the plot and I sincerely hope someone, anyone can help me remember!! I would love to re-read this book. I actually work in a book store so this is extra frustrating for me. I had a customer once, who I told my problem to and he immediately tells me about a title series in which he thought it was. I got excited as I look up it at my stores database and, naturally, was disappointed. He suggested a series about a girl who had a unicorn's horn. That series is not it.

The plot as I remember it is: A man is hired to take a handicapped girl to somewhere. She's sad and he wants her not to be. I think he kisses her. At some point, though, they are on another planet and she is no longer handicapped and where she goes into a strange sleep and she gets this lump between her breasts "the size of an egg." I do recall reading the phrase "egg, pupa, larva, adult" a lot while the girl sleeps. I remember strange plant and animal life and humanoid people who walked around in the nude. And I know it isn't important but I remember from the book the colour of red. I don't know if it was the colour of the humanoid's skin or the planet itself. The girl eventually wakes up...but I don't recall anything more.

Ya'll are my last hope. (No pressure, right?)

I truly hope someone can help me in this!!!

ManicJas
October 7th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Ahhhh! I posted my question onto Facebook as well and lo and behold one of my friends knew it!!! My query has been solved!! I can now go insane for other reasons, haha.

Chuffalump
October 8th, 2010, 01:44 PM
Well?............Don't leave us hanging.

ManicJas
October 9th, 2010, 07:06 PM
Ah! Sorry. I shoulda have said what it was!

The Caterpillar's Question By Piers Anthony and Philip Jose Farmer.

:cool:

Now I'm trying to find it so I can buy it.