PDA

View Full Version : Help finding book Elves in space

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

SPIRITSINGER
October 8th, 2010, 11:18 AM
I read this book many years ago and cant remember the title or author.
Earth spaceship runs into another spaceship shaped like a giant Golden Dragon, on board are the Tuatha De Daanan who left earth centuries ago and use a crystal magic psychic based technology and are now at war with the darker elves or something like that.

Also,this may be in the same book or another one, but there was a book that had a future version of the catholic church and there was an order of St. Murphy dedicated to using technology to help keep Murphy's law from manifesting.

livens
October 8th, 2010, 02:11 PM
Would this be close:?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saga_of_Pliocene_Exile

The aliens are actually 'Tanu' and resemble Tuatha Dé Danann from Celtic mythology. And there is talk of gigantic crystaline spaceships that have powerfull phychhic powers.

SPIRITSINGER
October 8th, 2010, 07:00 PM
No, this is not it. I'm familiar with the Pliocene saga, and it's really not even close to what I'm looking for. But thanks for the reply, sometimes I think the only way I'll find it is to write my own version and then wait to get sued for plagiarism.....

Triffid
October 9th, 2010, 03:11 AM
I have no idea but, given the Irish theme, perhaps try asking this Irish authors fansite on the chance they know?

http://www.sectorgeneral.com/

Inconnu
November 4th, 2010, 11:06 PM
Also,this may be in the same book or another one, but there was a book that had a future version of the catholic church and there was an order of St. Murphy dedicated to using technology to help keep Murphy's law from manifesting.

This sounds a bit like the Warlock books by Christopher Stasheff

Jim diGriz
November 5th, 2010, 05:42 AM
Could this be Patricia Kennealy's "Keltiad" series? I'm not familiar with it myself but apparently she blends fantasy and science fiction elements with Celtic myth.

SPIRITSINGER
November 8th, 2010, 06:55 PM
YES!!! By George, you've got it!!!

Jim diGriz
November 8th, 2010, 09:47 PM
Splendid. I'd like to pretend that my encyclopedic knowledge of Science Fiction was to thank but the truth is that "Tuatha De Danann in space" only returns one hit on Google and so i figured that was a lead worth pursuing.

Well, it did only return one. Now, of course, it returns two hits.