PDA

View Full Version : Need help remembering the name of a movie...

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

ErrikaBegins
October 10th, 2010, 09:05 PM
I need help remembering the name of a movie that was always on TV when I was a kid, late 80's early 90's I'm thinking.

From what I can remember, a boy sees a spaceship land in his back yard. Adults start acting strange, teachers and parents, start acting really controlling and try to keep him and his friends away from a hill. They finally sneak back to the hill and see a spaceship (I think)...and see a big drill either inside a spaceship or a tunnel and see an adult getting something drilled into the back of their neck.

I remember they got a hold of a gun that an alien was using and jammed a penny in it and made it work. The next day the boy wakes up and realizes it was all a dream until he sees the lights of the spaceship...was it really a dream?

Anyone remember this movie?

Thanks

DougFarren
October 11th, 2010, 02:50 AM
I remember the movie - unfortunately I cannot remember its name. I recall seeing the kid make his way through an underground tunnel that the aliens had cut. I also remember (although vaguely) that the chief alien was a small creature perhaps with tentacles. I think the name had something in it associated with Martians.

DougFarren
October 11th, 2010, 02:52 AM
Found it! Check out this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invaders_from_Mars_%281953_film%29

ErrikaBegins
October 11th, 2010, 07:15 AM
Thanks! That's the movie. It was the 1986 version that I saw. Now its just a matter of finding it on netflix.

Thanks for your help!

DurzoBlint
November 16th, 2010, 11:44 PM
If you like that movie then maybe you would enjoy puppet master(s) with Donald Sutherland. It is around the same vein as Invaders from Mars which was one of my brothers favorites as a kid.