View Full Version : Wine.

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : 1 2 [3]

fortytwo
July 18th, 2002, 05:41 PM
That's a nasty cough youv'e got there wastra, I suggest a drop of medicine and an early night.

Nevyn
July 18th, 2002, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Cadfael
Is it not meade, and the honey therein the origin of the word 'honeymoon'?

It has just got me thinking? Correct , the drinking of honey wine on the wedding night was supposed to aid in fertillity (strong healthy boys)

Nevyn
July 18th, 2002, 07:32 PM
mmmm...mead http://www.solorb.com/gfc/mead/mead.html

Kingslayer
July 19th, 2002, 11:51 AM
Here in the UK we can legally drink alcohol at 18:p

points and laughs at all the Americans

Thom
July 23rd, 2002, 10:18 PM
In Canada the legal age is 18 or 19 depending on the province. But having a beard is the legal ID in Quebec :D . We Canadians are proud of our beer and pity our fellow Americans with their silly laws and such ;) .

DarthV
July 24th, 2002, 09:49 AM
Then again US laws about drinking out of your house are a lot less restrictive as they are here in Canada.

Lani
July 24th, 2002, 12:57 PM
Yeah, Canadians are not very interested in having drunk companies walking around and disturbing everyone, so people are pretty much confined to home and bars, which i don't think such a bad idea.

Pirate Jenn
July 25th, 2002, 03:11 AM
:b We manage (drinking age). <g> (We're living in Vancouver, right now, and wish BC allowed liquor to be sold in the grocery store...dang inconvenient to make an extra trip. ;) )

I think everyone should give mead a chance. There are some baddies out there, true, but some delicious meades as well. It always puts me in mind of the Hobbit. :)

Who knows what the Fantasy wines are like...they may be stronger than wine of Earth's history.