PDA

View Full Version : Trying to remember the name of a show.

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

FuturÍves
January 12th, 2011, 08:24 PM
A couple years ago I happened to catch a really interesting show. I still want to watch it but I don't remember what it is called.

This is what I recall:

I THINK it was the pilot
it started with one of the femail crew-members dreaming about drifting, but it isn't shown that it was a dream until after
one of the female crewmates says "Guten Morgen"
it seemed to have a general dream-like feeling to it
It had some flash backs, such as when the crew were in training camp. one of the flashbacks had thim doing some swimming tests, and one of the instructors falls into the water, with the crewmate that dreamed saving his life
there was some talk as to why this male crewmate made it instead of somenme else, due to his physical shape
it had a small (I think 10-20 crew members?) space ship leaving earth (or an earth-like planet) with maybe the sun as a destination (i don't know)
they were testing one of the space suits when the hatch blows open, blowing the woman in the suit into space.
they were trying to save her, with the unfit crew member talking over the radio to her and telling her to SPIT in ordewr to seal a leak in her suit.
she was getting pretty groggy at this point, as her suit was very low in air.

is this familliar?
sorry, but it seemed like a really good show but I don't remember what it was.

kater
January 13th, 2011, 01:20 AM
Sounds a bit like Defying Gravity?

FuturÍves
January 13th, 2011, 11:12 AM
That's it thank you!

kater
January 13th, 2011, 04:21 PM
You're welcome :)

saintjon
January 13th, 2011, 11:35 PM
It's too bad they canceled that show I thought it was really starting to hit its stride with the character development and the slower pace of the storyline was starting to have some nice payoffs.

ebusinesstutor
January 14th, 2011, 12:39 AM
I really liked the show. Good characters and mystery. The way they did flashbacks was intriguing and different from any other show I have seen.

Now we'll never know what happens...

Some company should buy up canceled shows dirt cheap and do a 3 part miniseries to give them a good ending.

It was nice that Whedon was able to do that with the Serenity movie for Firefly.

kater
January 14th, 2011, 01:18 AM
It's too bad they canceled that show I thought it was really starting to hit its stride with the character development and the slower pace of the storyline was starting to have some nice payoffs.

The actual design of the aliens bugged me quite a bit but other than that I did enjoy it, shows like that without recognisable name actors allow you to believe in the characters more I find and the psychological elements were starting to get interesting.