PDA

View Full Version : Here & Now Magazine

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

juzzza
July 31st, 2002, 06:30 AM
I decided to venture out of the forums for a while :eek: to see what is going on in the world and noticed the News Item on the new Urban Fantasy Mag 'Here & Now'.

Has anyone read it or submitted stories to them for publication?

I had a look at their Website and I love their style and attitude.

Also, in their Guest Book they have a 'best wishes' message from Telos, so they sound legit.

Any comments?

:D

juzzza
August 9th, 2002, 06:28 AM
Come on!!! Someone must have heard about it.

:(

What about My Mod Mates? You must have posted the news item, any inside info on the publication?

:D :D :D

Erebus
August 9th, 2002, 06:33 AM
No inside info, sorry - we just get the press releases that you see on the news page. :)

juzzza
August 9th, 2002, 06:42 AM
OK Thanks Big 'E'

BTW, out of interest, I know you have your Equilibrium (sp?) epic taking up your craft time, but do you still send out (and write for that matter) short stories? What about you other published mods and s*ds?

:eek: Yikes!!! Who put the 'P' button next to the 'O' button on the keyboard? I nearly typed 'I know you have your Equilibrium (so?) epic' Imagine how that would have gone down !!! :(

When is the anthology (right term?) of the Equi..... gonna be available?

Erebus
August 9th, 2002, 06:57 AM
Yes, I still do the odd story and have one that I'm polishing off for future submission. I'm also about a third of the way through my latest Novel, Bortag's Curse, which is a sort of companion novel, or even prequel perhaps, to the Equilibrium trilogy. As for published works, the trilogy books are all available in trade softcovers, and my collection of short fiction, Tale Spin is available in both paperback or on CD-ROM.

Do you mean when will there be an omnibus edition of the trilogy, in relation to your anthology question? It is something that I'm looking at, and I had hoped that I could do this through a major publisher (no such luck yet, sadly), but I do have the option of doing it here locally through the same independent publisher who did the Tale Spin paperback for me.

juzzza
August 9th, 2002, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by Erebus

Do you mean when will there be an omnibus edition of the trilogy, in relation to your anthology question? It is something that I'm looking at, and I had hoped that I could do this through a major publisher (no such luck yet, sadly), but I do have the option of doing it here locally through the same independent publisher who did the Tale Spin paperback for me.

Yes an omnibus edition would be good. Have you posted sample chapters (or stories from Tale Spin) here? I have seen the synopsis....

Erebus
August 9th, 2002, 07:09 AM
Yes, I have Fuel Cells (http://www.sffworld.com/authors/c/cladingboel_neil_charles/fiction/fuelcells1.html) posted here, which is one of the stories from Tale Spin, On that page, you will see all the other links to to the rest of the stuff I have here, if you haven't seen them already, including the other short story I have here, Ghost of Elysium, which scored me a runners-up prize in a writing contest. The story's character later became a major part of book two of my trilogy.